Solutions?

Don’t mention B***** the B***!

2 Likes

When it first came in to play I thought the same as you, it seemed like a killer for clubs such as ourselves, and it certainly hasn’t helped. All the power is with players nowadays, which has lead to some very average players being paid a lot of money at the higher levels.

That being said, I’m not quite sure how it worked for so many years without the Bosman ruling. How can you legally keep a player at a club that has no contract? Anyway it is what it is now, I do think there is more that could be done to protect clubs who nurture players in terms of compensation. For example Romaine Sawyers. He was just a discarded young player by West Brom when we signed him, few years later and he is being looked at by many other teams. Because he was 24 we received nothing for him. Even though the timescale was short, he was very much developed by his time at Walsall and we should have been compensated accordingly.

i suppose its always gonna have ups n downs , players still get the power over the clubs

indeed dont mention at the mo - he`s got on the wrong side of me last few weeks

Why has he told you to go on a Blues forum …

Solution 1. Employ Ned Kelly

He’s always right, you’re wrong in these parts :grin:

you think son lol

I understand where you are coming from Blazing, but I see it differently. An employer doesn’t own an employee in any other walk of life and football should be no different. In a capitalist society we sell out labour to the highest bidder / employer we choose to work for. The employer plays the same game.

I am pretty sure you are agreeing with my point then? Or at least some of it. I do think players should be free to leave at the end of their contract.

1 Like

I am Mark. It’s the compensation bit that I’m not so much in agreement with. My businesses have trained and developed loads of people that have gone on to bigger and better things with other companies and I’ve employed experienced people that were trained and developed by others.
Same with football. We sign experienced professionals who are out of contract, whom have been trained/developed by others.

For me, it’s what it is.

1 Like

The thing that i find that lets it down, is the standard of training and development, the company i worked for had standards that blew the others out of the water, to the point we were seen as pedantic.
So when we advertised for more engineers, the ones that got to the interview stages were seen as inferior when going through the practical exercises.
We had to resort to employing them, then putting them with our own engineers to get them up to speed which took months.

Which pubs were used for this then mate …

2 Likes

I have been thinking about this, and quite honestly I don’t really have an argument, not legally anyway. The only thing I can say with football especially the way it is nowadays with the gap between the big and the small is bigger than ever, it offers some kind of protection for the smaller clubs. Not that bigger clubs really look down the leagues like they once did.