Song to run out to

Reason is treason for the landlord.

1 Like

If that dreadful Starship dirge is resurrected then I’ll become a stayaway until one second before kick-off.

5 Likes

Blur - Song 2

Back in the days of the Buck, we used to run out to Mike Oldfield’s Portsmouth. Apart from the name, nothing wrong with resurrecting that.

Before you say it’s too retro, a bloke I work with was reminiscing that as a kid his dad used to take him to watch Oldham and they always played Mouldy Old Dough before the game. When we last played there a couple of seasons back they were still playing it!

Didn’t we run out to Gerry Rafferty’s Baker Street for a while too? Or is my ageing mind playing tricks on me???

1 Like

Chicory Tip - Son of my Father

Good shout @AndyWTaylor and going back further, Anchors Aweigh.

Didn’t we run out to Hard Fi - hard to beat too a while ago? Might be quite apt for the new season… Hopefully.

2 Likes

Although if JB was still around Hard Fi - cash machine would have been more appropriate :joy:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Confuse the opposition with anything by She Past Away.

Dead Celebrity Status - Messiah

If JB was still around then Tainted Love would be apt, the Inspiral Carpets version though.

1 Like

Yeah, that was quality during the 06/07 season.

Summed us up perfectly.

2 Likes

Gala - Freed from desire , that gets the crowd going !!

1 Like

Digressing i know, but what a band they were and with Steve Marriott had a little guy with a huge voice who was second to none in the 60`s.

If we’re going back to 60s stuff how about " Everlasting Love " by Love Affair, great song even now, and perhaps echoes our new found love for WFC.

1 Like

And another great one from the Love Affair. “Bringing on back the good times” which seems to fit perfectly the current goodwill feeling.
Thinking about it the instrumental opening to this one is brilliantly happy and uplifting.

1 Like

Great shout. Speaks volumes.