ST Renewals for 22/23

Whats the incentive? there isnt one other than loyalty the matchday experience is shit the football is shit loyalty is all that remains to make people buy one.

2 Likes

So its goodbye when we win the play-offs then? :rofl:

1 Like

Just imagine handing over your hard earnt cash to pay Dan Moles salary … ffs

6 Likes

Of course. It would be something else then :wink:
More seriously, playoffs? 12-13 wins from 19 games? Normally I’m optimistic, but it is high in the category ‘not gonna happen’.

Good post and like you I have supported the club for over 60 years but I have come to a different conclusion. I respect your decision but think the financial hit will not hit the “old boys club” but the DoF and the Coach in trying to build a good team. That is the dilemma …if people don’t renew then the situation will only get worse , on the other hand by renewing you cannot be sure the situation will get better.
On another thread we are discussing the purchase of the freehold.That seems to me to be the one thing which could transform the situation. If you could be assured there was a proper plan in place to secure that would that influence your current position?

3 Likes

Based on the history of the last 2 years, why should being ‘assured’ of anything by the people within this organisation be given any credence at all?

2 Likes

How many of the people voting no actually had a match season ticket this season?

One would hope all of them, otherwise they have poor reading skills.

2 Likes

Well it would have to be spelt out in detail but unless we can build bridges between those running the club and those who feel disaffected there is going to be no future for anyone to look forward to. I want Walsall FC to survive and thrive thats all.

2 Likes

I voted no and I’ve got my first ever season ticket this year.
Saved up all year for it as I’ve a low paid job and a young family so it was a big cost to myself
So for this season to be so poor from top to bottom after the promises we had that it would be a good one
I just can’t justify it

10 Likes

Talking about 2008 there used to be 20 of us going - now it’s 2.
That’s it. And those 2 are not renewing unless real change comes.

2 Likes

Some of the Bescot Boardroom Boys Club should be made to read this post over, and over, and over…until it sinks in what sacrifices some people make for this club.

It should be blown up and pinned on the boardroom wall.

Having said that, they still probably wouldn’t give a toss

4 Likes

I voted undecided but I think it would take something pretty remarkable to get me to buy another season ticket…
The last few years have been so depressing watching such dross football, i keep going hoping that something will change but it just gets worse…
I even made the trip to B Rovers which was probably the most depressing of all it was utter garbage and I just cant see a way out.

2 Likes

Comparing percentages isn’t the best metric for me - it’s more in terms of absolute numbers oh who now at this moment in time won’t renew

TBH have had better experiences (bar the football on the whole) at away matches this season. Have enjoyed them as proper days out compared to the feeling of me being an inconvenience when attending home matches.

May pick and choose home matches next season and attend more away games

1 Like

Is there something wrong with the % shown against the number of votes cast? 25 is surely not 48% of 86!!! I know I am old and maths is not my strength but that looks odd to me.

1 Like

42 say no, 24 say yes, 21 say undecided, 87 votes in total, at a few minutes after 16.30. Haven’t worked out the percentages but looks about right to me.

What chance have we got of a united response , we can’t even agree on the vote %

2 Likes

I think we need to know what percentage of fans agree with the official figures, and what percentage agree with @WalsallOne that there is a discrepancy, plus, of course, are there any undecideds? Only when we know will be able to move forward as a united group.
I vote for the official figures.

No, I’m not renewing. I have been speaking to my son about going to different lower league/ non league grounds around the country instead. If the club show some ambition and put their money where their mouth is, I might consider getting one at Christmas but until then it is goodbye from me.

1 Like