Stephen Ward signs

Well it doesn’t look like anyone is going to score many against us, but we don’t look like we will be scoring many either :grin: i might lump on some 0-0’s :wink:

BTW That’s at least 3 candidates for team captain we now have - leadership is something we’ve been lacking in recent seasons.

3 Likes

Another good signing. I don’t mind his age, a player of that quality on a 1 year deal is a no brainer.
Leigh wasn’t kidding when he told JF to shake things up.
With Ward, Taylor and Monthe at the back we’re not going to be shedding goals as we have done for the last couple of years.
We have some serious quality in the side now, ditto for the CF please!

I’m surprised. To be honest I’m very surprised. I would never think he will be available to capture. Many other clubs would probably sign him for another season. It doesn’t matter who convinced him, but next season looks better and better. Good luck and may injuries won’t notice you :slight_smile:
I know it is Guthrie’s feeling a bit, but it is different at the same time.

1 Like

A good signing in my view.Worth giving him a year to see if can help guide us back up the league.Two good forwards on permanent deals now and I will be reasonably happy . We can then add a couple of decent loans to make sure all areas are covered…

2 Likes

Yet another solid signing. The recruitment on paper has without a doubt been the best in recent years. UTS

2 Likes

Very encouraging when you hear a guy of this calibre say he’s impressed with Taylor’s vision and approach.

1 Like

Very impressed with Matt’s ability to attract the players we’ve signed
He could sell a lift in a bungalow!

1 Like

Anyone think DC might be watching and thinking ‘what have I done’ ?

2 Likes

He’d only ■■■■ it up anyway with any player and hope soooo much he ■■■■■ up at Fail

2 Likes

Nah. He’ll be too busy chatting himself up in the mirror, or polishing his framed coaching badges.

1 Like

No he’s having too much fun creating a side that will end up detesting him after he keeps telling the media that they will be stacking shelves next week if they don’t play better.

Too old. Get Dutton back :eyes:

The difference I feel this season compared to when Clark came in , yeah we all got excited with his Billy big ■■■■■■■■ attitude , I must admit I was convinced we had the right man for the job at that time , but this manager we have now has re ignited my optimism , you only have to hear him speak to feel he genuinely knows what he’s doing, not only convincing me but seasoned pros who won’t have the wool pulled over their eyes as they’ve heard it all before .

Another sound signing , welcome Stephen .

3 Likes
2 Likes

Bloody hell. Good signing at this level!

I’m quite impressed with all the new signings’ ability to handle the inane questions.

3 Likes

You could literally pre record and deliver them on a tape recorder :rofl: Same format, nil variation!

I don’t know what to make of that. Excellent player for this level, position we need, clearly money being spent but on the downside his age.

I think on the whole a positive one though.

1 Like