Stevenage (A) Feb 29th, 3pm

Me and Mrs Reedswood will be there but I hate this type of game Stevenage rock bottom lost last 8 games can only be one result a defeat for us with a team changed again to nullify stevenage attacking ability

2 Likes

Plenty of 8/5 about. Get your knackers on if you are that confident.

Im on with you lot tomorrow pal!

Them trains are messed up…

Leave Walsall 8-30am too get Stevenage at 2-10pm so i decided a beer on the fun was in order!

Cya all there!

1 Like

I never said I back us. I said we SHOULD beat them. There’s a difference.

When I’m that confident I have on.

My hesitation about tomorrow is, as one or two others have pointed out, these losing runs have to end at some point.I will decide tomorrow.

Again, I’m not confident, I’m pointing out what the expectation should be.

Whose expectation though?

The bookies make us slight favourites, but no means nailed on.

We should be beating Stevenage shouldn’t we really or in a way it will be seen as a step backwards. Like I said as long as Clarke concentrates on his own teams strengths and forget about the team who are as low as you can possibly get we will win this game.

1 Like

Me, for all the reasons I just said. Because saying we should be looking to win this because x y and z is different to predicting that we will. Not sure how many times I have to point this out.

You make no sense.

You say it is the easiest game there is yet you wouldn’t bet on it and the bookies don’t share your view

Maybe because we are biased? Yes we are slight favourites and rightly so, but we are not the odds that Liverpool are to beat Watford.

They are bottom, we are 14th. Not a massive difference. They are at home. We didn’t beat them when we were at home, not that long ago.

Saying that, I am hopeful of a win. I won’t be wringing my hands and throwing a wobbly if we don’t though.

1 Like

I don’t know whether we do have a habit of kick starting other team’s seasons who are on a dreadful run or not, but it does feel like that sometimes. I really hope that we adopt a positive attacking approach on this one and don’t set up to counter a threat that in reality is pretty feeble.
So setting aside my doubts … 5 nil win!

1 Like

Yeah because there are variables. Like; the players performing to their ability, the manager getting his tactics/selection right, showing a bit of consistency.

All of which have been questionable at different stages this season.

Not sure how you are failing to understand the difference between saying “we should be beating these” and “I think we definitely will” to be honest. It’s really not that hard to understand.

You do make me laugh.

You don’t seem to understand my point yet say that your point isn’t difficult to understand

your point? You responded to my post and then said it makes no sense. I’m not sure I can make it any clearer for you.

Fuck it, nah you you’re right. We’d be dead lucky to scrape a win against literally the worst team in the football league who’ve lost their last 5 on the trot :roll_eyes:

I rest my case :+1:

1 Like

Injury-free game and one reason to smile after final whistle (beware of ‘easy’ games; should be warning somewhere on the field I suppose). Would be good to see, who is booking place in the team for the next season, but probably that’s too soon.

Trains messed up so not bothering. Shame as pretty easy to get to from central London.

Can pub it, get on one from Kings Cross at ten past 2, walk from station and still make it comfortably for kick off.

Alright ground although reminds me of Tamworth given it’s tucked in by a ring road. Actually stumbled across it when I went with some mates to Sonisphere in 2011 and the coach got lost trying to find the Knebworth entrance.

Currently chucking it down here in Hertfordshire and strongish wind too. Supposed to stop raining later but still windy. Wonder if it will be called off.

If it goes ahead I’m going for a 1-2 happy away day