Street End frequenters

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I think that was 0-1. Someone put the Star Soccer on here a few months ago.

I’ll always remember these two coppers who used to do laps of the ground,one was about 6’6" and the other was about 5’6",you could tell when they were coming back round to the Street end,you could hear people on the left start whistling a rendition of the Laurel & Hardy tune…:laughing:.Too many memories to pick out special goals or games etc though.

3 Likes

Started going in 1970 with my Dad. From a couple of years later was a Streetender usually the right side right at the back. One goal I always remember was Gary Child’s late screamer to beat Shrewsbury at the start of our great milk cup run.

1 Like

I think the one I remember best was that Bristol replay in 88. Everyone was a bit nervey after what happened in the Saturday, but we just snuffed them out. The place felt like it was rocking on its foundations- might have been!

1 Like

Cowshed for me. The only time I was in the Street End was when I took my wife to the 0-7 against Chelsea. She hasn’t been allowed to go to a home game since…

Aahh Street End memories.
Al fresco toilets to the rear.
And TWO dining outlets to the rear. No queing required,…you just shoved your way to the front.

Add in the half time score board and safe standing, and we was royally catered for , and all for two and a tanner.
Tell that to the kids today, and they wouldn’t belive ya.

2 Likes

The other chap could be Andy Barnett, ex QM who has been in Bristol for many years now.

In these PC times I don’t know who best to describe two people who used to stand near the player’s tunnel in the 80s. I think a father, who always wore a pale blue cap, and adult son. The latter was unable to speak but would grunt very excitedly at the players. He obviously was very affected by what he was watching.

Remember them well.

Behind goal back barrier, enjoying my boverine.

Jimmy and Alan Dallaway from Chasetown used to go to every game home and away.

image Image result for fellows park walsall

Always loved getting to the top of the steps for the view

10 Likes

Especially for a night match. I can smell the cigarette smoke now!

3 Likes

Then there was the visit to the toilet lol

4 Likes

And they moan about the bogs we currently have :rofl:

1 Like

I can smell them even now

2 Likes

After 6 pints of Highgate Mild they served their purpose and were low cost to maintain.
On a cold winters day it was like walking into a sauna
I’ve been in many modern sporting stadiums and men’s urinals haven’t changed that much … they still smell of recycled alcohol

1 Like

No, not me - though I was a Street Ender (leaning on the uppermost barrier right behind the goal was my usual spot).

1 Like

Ahh the memories of being at the back and ending up a couple of feet from the front when we scored will never die.
The Street End was amazing even when the rain poured through the rotten coregated roof.

2 Likes

The shed was great for providing the percussion for the league’s best version of ‘We Will Rock You’.