Strengthening in January?

Guess parker just needs some game time. Seeing as all 3 forwards have been on pitch at the same time I would have thought he’d be perfect for the sub spot. From what I saw of him in pre season he gave shawcross a tough time. Deserves at least 15 mins at the end of a game. Saying that, I hope Candlin does come back, not played much for Blackburn under 23’s.

It will be something like 50-100k with some add ons.

I’ve heard rumours that mal benning and Anthony gerrard are signing for us !!!

Happy if Benning is true but not Gerrard, who would be a step backwards

Rochdale have reportedly bid £150k for Benning.

Any chance that was from reading this thread?

1 Like

Surely Gerrard can’t come back now. I think he’s past it in League 1. Why aren’t we looking at the likes of Halford… probably no money :-1:t2:

I’m not too bothered about him either if I’m honest. An ageing jack of all trades, master of none.

Wonder what’s happening with Mitchel Candlin? Wasn’t it a loan with a view to sign permanently in January? Anyone know the length of the loan?

1 Like

“Walsall’s Mitch Candlin has joined Blackburn on loan in a deal that gives the Championship side the option to buy the striker in January.”

1 Like

Loan until January with the option to purchase in Blackburn’s favour.

1 Like

Pretty sure ive saw that he’s barely played for them, might even be just the one game he’s played.

1 Like

A bit of information about candlin from the club wouldn’t go a miss?

1 Like

As an aside, Jayden Stockley has gone from Exeter to Preston for £750000. Does this provide a pointer to the price that we got for Gino or what we should have?
Discuss.

300k or thereabouts for Ginnely.

with only 6 months on his contract to go…I would be amazed if we got any more than £100,000 perhaps with some add ons and a resale clause.

2 Likes

I’d be very pleasantly surprised if we got £300k for Ginnelly. Out of contract in the summer, after 5 decent months in League One… you’d be mad not to sell, at that price.

1 Like

I heard it was 40 packets of hobnobs and a signed picture of Andrew Flintoff. Keep it to yourselves.

With Keates saying that we are only going to be bringing in one or two (bar direct replacements for any outgoings imo) I can only see us bringing in an experienced defender who can cover either full back position, probably on loan. Unless of course, Mussa isn’t going into the first team squad. I find that hard to believe though given that we’ve paid compensation, the length of the deal and Keates being quoted that he “Offers us something different”

Ginnelly and Ronan have already been replaced, Parker going out on loan possibly means Candlin is coming back and Keates wants to see what he’s got. Wilson will be replaced by another full back and we’ll sign possibly another centre half.

1 Like