Summer Transfer Rumours 2022

Announced via Stafflers…

Incoming

Ahh! I’m not going mad then………

Will probably be owen evans twin who once played for walsall wood haha the way this transfer window has gone lol

1 Like
1 Like

Meh

Speaking of Goalkeepers and exciting “name” signings, I wonder if Northampton were up in arms when they signed Roberts last season? Especially off the back of a good number of us (myself included) penning him in for a swift return to none league.

Kept the most clean sheets in the league and is now apparently close to a move to Middlesbrough. Not bad for someone who was on the scrap heap 12 months ago

1 Like

And there are STILL Walsall fans slating Roberts on Twitter and saying he’ll be a flop at Middlesbrough and achieve nothing. The guy proved the naysayers wrong last season, and there’s every chance he could do it again - even two leagues above.

People don’t learn though, everyone’s doing it with Miller now, saying how rubbish he was for us. He was our top scorer! Watch him go and score 15+ goals next season.

7 Likes

I thought Roberts was/is a very good goalkeeper but he made a few high-profile mistakes for us which dented his and the fans’ confidence. He needed the move and when he returned with Northampton I was one of the Walsall fans who gave him a great ovation. Fair play to him and good luck for the future, Liam.

4 Likes

I will openly admit I slaughtered Roberts, I thought he was useless for us and I still stand by that but to go elsewhere and turn it around the way he has, got nothing but respect for him. Hope he gets a chance at Boro

1 Like

Boro are rumoured to be in for Karl Darlow, if that happens Roberts will be on the bench.

1 Like

Another one incoming…

Can’t keep up. Will we even need any trialists this pre-season?!

I reckon this signing might be a bit meh :smiley:

It’s another keeper ay it. Pyrzebek

2 Likes

Przybek goal keeper

Thanks for ruining the surprise. But at least I won’t be disappointed when it isn’t the promised game changer.

Who’s he lol :laughing:

Sorry see it’s already posted