Summer Transfer Rumours 2022

Maik Taylor seems to be mates with Stephen Hunt, ex Wolves winger, who is/not sure if he is anymore, at the Brighton academy.

1 Like
1 Like

Final quote is:

ā€œItā€™s just Jamie is not here now. So, weā€™re in a good place.ā€

If read literally, the ā€œSoā€ implies because Jamie has gone, we are in a good place.

3 Likes

In other words, they werenā€™t in a good place when Fullerton was there.
Speaks volumes.

3 Likes
1 Like

They can announce him because Saints have let him go, i suspect.

1 Like

Taking it with a pinch of salt, but interesting if true.

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/efl_hub/status/1526331578871431175?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Quality player, but will be 37 when the season starts and I would imagine he wouldnā€™t be cheap wages wise.

Not really the position we need to strengthen.

1 Like

I think we need to strengthen in all positions to be honest. The midfield specifically has been a problem for years, lacks creativity and goals.

6 Likes

Completely agree. We havenā€™t had anyone who will naturally look to get ahead of the forwards from deep since probably George Evans. Joe Edwards did it for a period but he was by no means a natural. Recently weā€™ve had Kinsella, Earing, Perry, Bates, Guthrie, Sinclair, Labadie, as well as a number of loanees who have all done the same job to varying degrees of success. Bar the possibility of moving Earing further forward, there is zero variety within the squad and absolutely no chance of changing the game from midfield

1 Like

Rumours strengthening Odonnell is coming back someones said hes bought a house locally no idea if its credible though and how they know that

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be honest, I have reservations on ROā€™D. He was/is a really good shot-stopper, but we saw early in his WFC career that he was susceptible from crosses. Smith got us well drilled with James Chambers/Purkiss and Taylor at negating that threat to a good extent, and it was from there that ROā€™D shone.

As weā€™re very likely to set up with wing-backs, Iā€™d be concerned that weā€™d either have to limit their attacking freedom, or risk having an exploitable weakness.

3 Likes

ROā€™D was good for us. Not sure Iā€™d want him back. His best days are behind him. We need to look forward. Wonder what Fred Barberā€™s doing these days :thinking:

6 Likes

I think Oā€™Donnell would be a steady choice for ā€˜keeper. Getting the defensive structure correct in front is probably most important and if we get that right, Oā€™D should have enough about him to contribute to a successful League Two team.

Heā€™s only 33 aswell, when you consider Joe Murphy has been offered a new contract at Tranmere he should have a few years left in the tank!

2 Likes

I hear heā€™s a window-fitter in Gillingham.

2 Likes

Agree with this. Think at this level you donā€™t need a spectacular keeper. A good organiser and a good shot stopper, distribution was decent too if I remember rightly. Could do a lot worse.

3 Likes

Still no news on Osadebe, guess heā€™s waiting on other offers.

Seconded. Liam Roberts is probably proof of this. Not denying he hasnā€™t had a good season personally but heā€™s been helped massively by those in front of him