Sunderland (A) 16th Mar, 3pm

If we can keep this fight going , as standard , we are still alive .

More twists and turns to come as said above .

Got to squeeze a point somehow next week .

Well, average second half, both teams looked deserted by quality, but Sunland could make one action with lil bit better end product. Saddlers no. Art of making subs is only one chapter in bigger tome. Art of influencing the game that was missing. Another day, another team could get a point or all three. Sadly, it wasn’t this day or this team. Still, it seems something is still missing. Relegation is still a possibility, but team is working hard to make it real.

Sounds like a battling performance but we are now in the bottom 4. Paying the price for losing at home to Bristol Rovers,Scunthorpe,Rochdale and Wimbledon. If we go down those are the results which will have cost us…still it isn’t over but the pressure is now on.

3 Likes

Wasn’t expecting anything from the game. We move on.

Wasn’t expecting Oxford and Shrewsbury to score in the last minute.

Bottom 4 during the early bird sales - poor Jeff

Bonser out

Gggg-Dunk! In we go!

Like last season, every game is a cup final. Great performance though, if we keep this level up, im 100% sure well say up!

H Barnsley Loss
A Doncaster Rovers Draw
H Oxford United Win
A Accrington Stanley Win
H Southend United Win
A Wycombe Wanderers Win
H Peterborough United Loss
A Shrewsbury Town Win

Which will leave us on 56 - About 5 clear of relegation (usually 50s) So basically we can chill after the wycombe game!

Great support btw, all i could here on ifollow was the saddlers! on another note, how much rubbish was floating on that pitch… life really is grim up north!

5 wins out of the last 6 games?

I’ll have a drag of what your smoking, Ta.

4 Likes

Sunderland better team in 2nd half but a point would not have been undeserved. We did not look like relegation fodder. If and it is a big if, we can continue in same vein we have a fair chance of escaping.

Think you’ve got your maths wrong! Your predictions would leave us on 58 points.

Realistically, we need 10 points from 8 games and to hope 52 is enough. For some perspective, that’s 3 wins, a draw and 4 losses. Not easy but not beyond the realms of possibility.

I’d say Bradford are in a lot of trouble, Rochdale too. It remains to be seen whether Wimbledon can keep their form up and Southend are dropping like a very heavy stone. We can but hope.

1 Like

And, interestingly, just tried the relegation calculator and I get those 4 at the bottom with us 2 points and 3 places above relegation, but also only 4 points off 11th!

Barnsley MASSIVE now as if we lose it will be 3 defeats on the trot and will surely start affecting confidence again.

That relegation calculator is a piece of haddock.

1 Like

I don’t think we can be at panic stations yet. Any points in the Portsmouth, Sunderland and Barnsley games were always going to be bonus points. Doncaster is a more winnable game and if we can keep up the levels were at then 3 wins is not impossible.

Watched it on I follow and my observations:

Decent overall performance

Awful conditions to play in (but same for both teams etc etc etc)

Crap ref again

Our GD is crap anyway so i personally would like us to base our game plan on all out attack and if we do go down let’s go down bloody fighting

UTS

6 Likes

Watched the highlights and I think Roberts could have done better with both goals.

2 Likes

Great effort. Nothing that wasn’t expected. To be in the bottom four is a little unlucky after recent performances but not over the course of the season. A game of the same nature to come and then it’s all down to the fight. I think there is plenty in this team.

9 Likes

I think if I was to ever run on a pitch and punch a player in the face it would be this ■■■■…:facepunch:

2 Likes

Couldn’t go today.
Do you think defending in numbers in the second half to protect a valuable point would have been more sensible?
We all know that substitutions and their timing isn’t DK best skill on the evidence of this season so far.

Sunderlandsdefence didn’t look great to me so I’d have preferred a more positive approach but overall I think it would be harsh to criticise the team today…

2 Likes