Taylor out?

The goalkeeper does his bit and rolls the ball to a full back and they in the main hoof it it then becomes 75 25 possession to the other team.

Yes really ,!!

Yep, to play a passing game you firstly need to have the ball, I am sure Alan Buckley said that once actually. We are pretty much always losing the possession battle every game, even at home.

That is fair enough, I actually think you can play an attractive style of football without passing the ball around for ten minutes. I think back to Graydon and we often didn’t win the possession battle then either and there were plenty of long balls up to Rammell to chase, but when we hit teams on the counter, that was fun to watch. One end to the other in about 3 passes as quick as a flash.

I agree with you, I have no idea what this identity is meant to be. I don’t see any of the passages of play he talks about working on all week. It is really horrible to be so negative but it is what it is.

1 Like

I think we are all being fed and believing something akin to " the kings new clothes"
If they keep telling us everything is ok then it must be ok :thinking:

We need to be careful very careful bristol Rovers were non league recently I’ll admit bigger club than us brought 1000 fans today Taylor should be told he’s got 5 games he won’t be told thst obviously if we stay up a point above the relegation zone he’ll be ok , people need to vent their anger at Pomlett

1 Like

Indeed.

I don’t think it will.

Read my post, I basically said ‘I think we will be fine with a fully fit squad’

The blokes had 9 games, of course he’s shouldn’t be out, but he needs to learn quick and work out a way to grind results out of the shit he’s been given.

3 Likes

It’s just an invitation for you to actually provide some insight to the debate. I honestly don’t know what your point of view is, other than “it’s the fans fault” and “Walsall fans are toxic” Can you not see how that viewpoint annoys people who spend considerable sums of money supporting the team up and down the country?

It’s such a lazy generalisation that doesn’t take into account any of the bad decisions both on and off the field that are continuing to facilitate our decline towards non-league football.

If you actually went to the games (and I’m not sure you do), you would realise that inside the stadium the support for the team has been anything other than ‘toxic’ for a very long time.

5 Likes

Shot

It can’t always be managers (and/ or players)! The man at the top has to take ultimate responsibility.

It’s like a man who has been divorced six times. The problem isn’t with the wives.

7 Likes

Releasing Scarr and Clarke. Absolute disaster.

In my opinion the current owners should thank.their lucky stars that they still have 4,000 odd magnificent loyal supporters (paying customers) despite the chronic under investment in players for several years and the lamentable failure to do even the basics like clean up the stadium and fix the bogs. At some clubs crowds would be south of 2,000 or worse by now. That, as others have said, apart from Jeff bonser and Roy Whalley all the old guard are still in place tell us all we need to know.

7 Likes

There are some v v v v v worrying comments on Facebook as to why fullarton got the job. God help the club if that’s true!!!

Summary? Or are they WFHYS nonsense?

Pomlett out

1 Like

There are many things wrong at the club but, on the playing side, the finger has to be firmly pointed at Jamie Fullarton. He had no track record worthy of the name before he joined us and fans of Halifax Town and Notts County warned us that he was a failure. He saw our closing games of the season, under the Dutton régime, and he knew what dross we had on our books. Apart from goalkeeper, are there any of our many new signings who are better than the rubbish they replaced?

We are told how hard-working Fullarton is. Well, if that’s the best that he can do, he is clearly not up to the job. Sadly, Leigh Pomlett must take some of the blame as he appointed Fullarton and was clearly taken in by his b******t.

6 Likes

Massive overreaction!

How on earth are we going to create an identity and stability if we are going to scrap the blueprint/plans every time we hit a bump in the road.

I personally think 75% of the recruitment has been bang on we have just been unlucky with injuries.

4 Likes

So please share, more info required…hate Facebook.