Taylor out?

Once again @ShropsSaddler unable to provide any analysis other than sniping at the supporters who have turned out in good number despite historically bad on-field performances.

I do wonder if he actually goes to the games? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I am in total agreement with you. People looking in from the outside might just think we are being fickle fans but we have put up with since the 2015 season under Smith. We are getting steadily worse despite all of the big talk and promises from various managers and the current chairman. We as supporters have backed the club when called upon during Covid but we get nothing in return. It is obvious that despite Pomlett having his heart in the right place, he is not up to the job of chairman. He may be good in the business world but he isn’t any good so far in the football world. The job is simply too big for him. Taylor is still learning his trade but we can’t afford him to make too many mistakes as we will be in non league football. Fullerton didn’t fill me with confidence from day 1 when I read what people at his previous clubs thought of him. There is clearly so much wrong at our club that it needs totally new blood with deep pockets and I don’t think that will happen any time soon. We are in for a very rough season.

3 Likes

Anyone not spewing total hatred about their chosen hobby is because of family relations?

What a strange mind you have.

1 Like

Oh god. Ramred is back everyone.

4 Likes

Taylor really isnt the issue here. He made some dodgy decision today but to this point I’ve agreed with him.

He’s been given an impossible task here. The squad has massive holes in it.

1 Like

He didn’t underperform, he failed. Consistently over 18 odd months. For all his bravado he contributed largely to our current status as lower half League 2 fodder and the football was rank awful.

Taylor has been manager since July.

4 Likes

I think we are in serious danger of spiralling into non-league.

But unlike other clubs, if we go down - there’s no way we would come back.

The club is run by amateurs, and it’s probably about time we found our level.

Makes me sick.

1 Like

In fairness you can’t really judge that until the end of the season, albeit I appreciate the current run rate of PPG would suggest it isn’t likely to materialise.

I said to my lad on the way out, at least he has learnt how to not defend a corner for his game tomorrow. In fact I’m convinced this season he will learn a lot of what not do, rather than what he should be doing.

In fact I’ll guarantee I will get more pleasure from 60 mins of U11 football tomorrow than I will from today, or many of our games this season……come in Penkridge Juniors :soccer::smiley:

3 Likes

Clarke on the other hand, is presently 4th (to play Devil’s advocate).

Taylor is failing, so is Fullarton, and so is Leigh.

To different degrees.

If we do go down then the hierarchies at the club better start re budgeting now. Swapping their 80k range rovers for day a fiesta or a 306. Something I would find highly amusing

1 Like

Leigh had a plan. He Steff and Dan have identified the leadership potential in Matt Sadler. 2 mock interviews already…

1 Like

I didn’t ask…. But it must of been in a time frame that he didn’t start getting in Villas plans!

1 Like

If Brian Dutton had Vale top 5 would we be revising our view of his performance here? I know the base of what you’re saying is that Vale offer a better platform for success to any manager, but I do find the rose tinted view of DC’s tenure a bit of a stretch.

4 Likes

How ya doin Steff, Dan, Pomlett boy ? I’ve missed ya mate.

Not to mention he had better players at his disposal.

Taylor hasn’t been given a Jules an Adebayo or a Holden, which Clarke had for the vast majority of his tenure (and didn’t always use fully then).

7 Likes

I have only continued to keep going because my lad has been asking to go. He got me last week, and again today, I didn’t really fancy it but he wanted to go so we went. I have no idea where his enthusiasm is coming from cos all he has ever seen at Walsall is rubbish. He is already asking about Exeter next week, he is not conning me into that one, I am taking a week off. I feel awful actually cos I am the one who encouraged him, but I can’t face 7 hours + round trip on a coach to watch this rubbish.

I have never been that way either, how well we are playing has never come into my decision whether to go to a game or not, if I have been able to go I have gone. I just feel so down about it all right now, there just seems so little hope for the future.

6 Likes

Let’s be honest Taylor is an easy target at the moment that shouldn’t be used to cover up all the problems that we have had to put up with for far too long now. We all acknowledge that he has had zero experience as a previous manager which is why he should have been given the best tools available to do his job. By that I mean the best players available and certainly a strike force that he can rely on and call upon to help him out.

Fullarton and Pomlett have not given him this in any way or shape. I have no idea who is responsible for identifying and pursuing targets but so far it has been substandard.

4 Likes

Club is a shambles. I was in the club shop and someone was asking when this seasons shirt would arrive. Duuuuuh. December he was told. Seasons virtually over lol

This is precisely how I feel. I can deal with us being rubbish - we’ve seen it often enough. What I am dejected about, is that I think we’ve either been lied to, or the club isn’t trying.

What is the point of us existing as a football club?

2 Likes

Usual comments aimed at me and a few saying “how are walsall fans toxic?”…on a thread with 100 posts, called “Taylor Out”, after the guy has had 9 games in charge. There’s none so blind…

2 Likes