Team for next season

If he is then I agree he will be offered a deal. I think the Club could do more to keep us up to date on what is happening with the Youth team and Academy generally. Most fans want us to grow our own and are supportive of youngsters coming through the system. The current programme usually has one article in about the Youth team which is basically a report on the last match. Much more should be done to engage the fans with this part of our Club and get their support.

1 Like

How is Rollin getting offloaded when he signed two and a half year deal last Jan? Seems a bit pointless just to loan him out to non league when he showed plenty of potential up to xmas.

Been poor for some reason since signing the perm deal when he had that terrible game away to Stevenage.

I’d still keep him as I reckon he’ll come good again unless Flynny has decided he’s not for him.

To be in serious promotion push you need more than 11 players anyway so he’d be needed if Monthe and hopefully Daniels are out for a while next season.

5 Likes

For me who I’d want to keep would be

• Donervan Daniels
  • Tom Leak
  • Joe Foulkes
  • Sam Perry
  • Emmanuel Osadebe
  • Lee Tomlin

Love Rory but he’s done and as a club we cannot afford to keep paying him, I hope we support his recovery but there’s no way to afford his wage when not playing.
Rose hasn’t been able to push into the team under either manager & Wards not worked out at all and only came for his mate so he will go.

Of the loanees I’d like us to try and get both shade and miller if they are either on a free or cheap.
Shade has transformed as a player at fullback under flynn so deserves a chance.

However I do think Miller will go he has not looked happy at all when subbed in last few games whether that’s because he missed chances or not who knows and if he gets a money offer at league 1 or upper league 2 I reckon he’d go.

On the whole, I agree with what you are saying but with one exception.

With regards to Holden, I stated on here last year that we should release him as I had got bored of the saga surrounding his, will he, won’t he be available.
I can’t remember the last time a player has become more important the longer he has been out, which has been more of an indictment of the last two and a half years than Holden’s ability.
If Holden had not been at Walsall and was now available, no sane person would look at his recent record and think let’s sign him.
The currency of hope around Holden has become bankrupt and it’s time to move on.

With regards Devine, I think it was reported when he signed that he is out of contract at the end of this season. Assuming he won’t be offered a new one at United, then I hope we agree terms as I think he will flourish as a wing back under Flynn’s guidance.

1 Like

I would keep, if possible of course, Daniels, Leak, Foulkes, Willis, Perry, Osadebe. Holden, Tomlin? A lot depends if fitness/will to play are ok. So one keeper (experienced), one central striker (towering central striker I think), two proper wingbacks (feeling ok, when defend, but also not afraid to cross) to add. And maybe one set piecer.

Surely Holden is worth seeing if he is fit though ? There is no better then him other than a fully fit Tomlin at this level and I honestly believe that a fit Holden is one of the best players in the league easy

2 Likes

Just because he signed it doesn’t mean we can’t offload, I.e Ash Taylor.

He has been poor and I think we can do better.

Apart from Stevenage and Swindon (where I thought he was OK up until it looked like he picked up a knock shortly before their first goal) I don’t think Menayese has been playing particularly badly - especially if you remember his dip coincided with us having Monthe out and he was being switched from left to right CB and even the middle of a 3 to accommodate White, Leak, Taylor and Daniels as his partner(s). Before that bad run he had been playing pretty well (and called out as being a decent player we ought to sign permanently) as RCB to Manny’s LCB.

We all know he can play and Flynn appears to be a manager that can get the best out of a player and get their consistency levels up. The only question is whether he’ll get another chance to show that before the end of the season now that MF appears to have settled on his favoured starting XI for our remaining games.

3 Likes

And I guess part of that could be Flynn playing Daniels as much as possible to try and persuade he should stay here and be part of a promotion push next season, particularly if he is enjoying his football.

Lots of difficult calls for the manager to make just now, but, for the first time in a good while, I have faith in him to play it right and make good calls.

1 Like

Exactly! Hes had 2 halfs of a season in 4 years. Like we had to do with Kory Roberts… its tough but you have to say bye.

Try to sell Labadie!

Out of contract in the summer:
Manny Osadebe - Renew
Jack Rose - Renew
Donervan Daniels - Let him go, i think we can get better. Bring Leak on
Mat Sadler - Let him go
Tom Leak - Would bring in, in place of Daniels
Stephen Ward - Pay someone to take him
Zak Mills - Let go
Joe Foulkes - Undecided. Renew prob.
Joe Willis - Undecided. Renew prob.
Rory Holden - Painfully, Let go.
Lee Tomlin - Try to get on a season deal.

Players returning to patent clubs:

Carl Rushworth - Let go. Would rather have our own. I think Rose is decent, just never given a run in the team.
Reece Devine - Try to sign.
Tyreese Shade - Try to sign
George Miller - Try to sign

A few thoughts.

Osadebe. He’s an exceptional talent although somewhat of an enigma. Could be worth millions. Sign him up

Daniels. He’s been great for us. The question mark for me is what the hell happened at Crewe. They are cut adrift and he still couldn’t get in the team

Shade. Hes a good player and showing it. Sign him up

Ward. Release him

Holden. Sad but release him.

Foulkes. Release him. My nephew is in Kidderminster first team. The club sort of rate him but not really. So if he’s not good enough for them. Release him…

Willock. Not seen enough but hasnt looked great. One for the coaching staff to decide on

Perry. Offer 1 year only

Labadie. Offload if we can

Daniels - sometimes things happen between a player and a club/manager. We’ve seen both sides of that coin over the years at Walsall. He’s clearly not a bad player, he clearly doesn’t have a losing mentality and he could be a really good signing.

Shade - I’m not sure why people think we might get him. He’s apparently well thought of at Leicester and, under Flynn, is showing what a useful footballer he is. He will either go back to Leicester or they will sell him to a League One team (or moneybags League Two team)

Ladabie - continues to be part of a team that has an excellent record under Flynn. It would be a major surprise if we sold him.

1 Like

We have absolutely no chance of signing Shade permanently.

Its a shame but we have to let Holden go now.

Re. Daniels. He was a regular. A strong performer. Fell out with the manager and never got a look in again.

If that’s the case then Crewes loss could be very much our gain. If of course we can agree a contract

I reckon might keep Shade for another season especially with his recent development.

I’ve just had my first pair of glasses with weak lenses as only need them for computer use. I’m worried that they may not be strong enough as I think I just read that Osadebe could be worth millions, can someone clarify to put my mind at ease :smiley:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I’m more worried by what you’ve been doing to affect your eyesight??? :eyeglasses: