Team for Saturday?

I’d get Merson off the bench and stick Peron or Preece on instead

1 Like

Exactly and how many games have we won with this counter attack approach?

2 Likes

In Merson’s full season as manager we were close to going down but won our last 5 games on the bounce to be comfortable on the last day. Any chance of getting JJ back for these last few games?

1 Like

I’d have either in our team at the moment no matter what age they may be currently!

2 Likes

Crikey we’ve had some good players eh? :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

David Zdrillic, Barry Horne, Jamie McSporran, Allen McKnight, Michael Ngoo, Samassi Abou, Tony Bedeau … (you get the point! :confounded:)

1 Like

I met Jarvis last week at the Village hotel where he was staying.
He’s a really nice guy and I asked him, how the injury was and what was the real problem, as clearly we need his quality.
He said he has badly bruised the bone in his ankle, the one he has had all the problems with, and he is really struggling to get right. He went on to add that it happened at home vs Wimbledon and he’s been in pain ever since

Considering it’s the same ankle he’s had all the problems with then he won’t be rushed back and he won’t want to risk not getting a full pre-season under his belt. Can’t really blame him, hopefully it isn’t serious as he comes across as such a professional. This is never his level yet he got stuck right into it and put in more than some players who look more like they’ve won a competition to get a league one move.

1 Like

I don’t get the conspiracy theories on this. He has had serious problems over a long period of time.

Yep I do

It’s probably the fact we’ve done it with quite a few in the past. These conspiracy theories are brought on by a lack of trust thanks to the club.

He won’t play again this season then, new Bielik.

Edit: I mean it’s an on paper excellent loan that you just can’t get on the pitch enough to make a difference.

Eh? Bielik didn’t set foot on the pitch. At least we got to see Jarvis.
Good luck to him.

2 Likes

Yeah shame about Jarvis could have had that extra bit of quality needed for the last six games

Jarvis must’ve missed the last 10 games now so still out for a huge chunk of the run in.

Was always a big risk considering he hadn’t played for close to three years.

1 Like

Last 4 I think .

Last 5 actually. HQ’s having a bit of a ‘mare.

It was a risky move to sign him, cause last two seasons he played … 319 minutes. This season he improved a lot, playing nearly eight hundred minutes, but another injury can be too much for him. Or rather his body can say enough. Sad, Cook and Jarvis combination looked very promising.

Another signing which had red flags all over it.

We can’t continue taking risks in the hope something good comes from it! The facts clearly signalled that his injuries would catch up with him.

Another Keates mistake.

3 Likes

Keates tried to bring in some quality to change the team. With our budget either we get someone who has injury problems or a young kid on loan. Not many choices.

1 Like