The future as we know it?

If it performs anything like it has done over the last few years, then god help any fans that do :neutral_face:

The irony of not sitting with your mates is that you could well of been sat I the pub with them for2 hours

4 Likes

I will probably be shot down here but I feel we need to open everything back up and just get on with life. The virus isnā€™t going away and vaccines may not be available or even effective (look at how many people have a flu jab yet people still die) so do we just carry on living like this forever? There is a risk to everything in life - driving to work, catching a plane, mowing the lawn, even crossing a road but we accept the risk and carry on. So much damage is being done to peopleā€™s health in so many other ways that in the long term the panicked closure of various services, mental health, cancer treatment etc. may be responsible for more deaths than Covid. Jobs have gone (including my husbandā€™s), people will lose their homes and businesses but it seems we are no further forward than in March, as now restrictions have eased, transmission has obviously increased. I know I have had it but most people will only have mild or no symptoms so letā€™s get on with life instead of a locked down half existence.

16 Likes

Have to agreeā€¦my opinion has changed like many others I would say. We do need to protect the vulnerable as much as possible.But we need to make our own decisions.we can not let this destroy our lives and our economy.

7 Likes

Yes I agree, protect the vulnerable as much as we can (some of the vulnerable people I know have decided to join in with everyday activities again) but the rest of us get on with life.

6 Likes

I also agree have we not destroyed enough of our way of life already for a virus that kills 0.6% of people that get it according to the latest data from the WHO? thats probably an over estimate if they are saying that as well.

2 Likes

Which will probably be OK for 10 days while everyone breathes a huge sigh of relief ā€¦

You already know what will happen then. Mass infections and contingent deaths. Except it will be worse, knowing that we acted out of frustration and put ourselves in a much worse position than before. The discipline and pain of April and May will have been frittered away for nothing.

Britain, more specifically England and the buffoons in charge, have totally mismanaged this disease. We got our first infection on the same day as Germany: A population of 83 million whose leadership has responded so much better than ours.

Germany, like many other countries, had a contingent of people who fought lockdowns and argued that Covid-19 was a hoax. But it also had a handful of prominent scientists communicating regularly and openly with the public. That played a huge role in drowning out rumors and misinformation.

The critical decision isnā€™t now. It was back in March when the government failed to act in time, partly encouraged by the ignorant downplaying the virus. The state weā€™re in now is the inevitable consequence.

4 Likes

Absolutely agree with every word. And donā€™t forget that since March weā€™ve learned that there is zero chance of victims of Covid 19 overwhelming the NHS, which is what the lockdown and the talk of ā€œflattening the curveā€ was actually about. We now understand that this virus does not manifest serious illness in all but a tiny minority of those infected, and we understand clearly what groups are vulnerable. We also have a therapeutic drug that saves lives in 25-30% of the most seriously ill, which we didnā€™t have in March, so the idea that ā€œit will be worseā€ is frankly ludicrous. For it to be ā€œworseā€ we would have to start by mudrering 20,000 most vulnerable and then go from there, as we did with ā€œprotect the NHSā€, surely weā€™re not going to do that again?

4 Likes

Claptrap.

3 Likes

Personally Iā€™m happy with my complete enjoyment of football being put on hold so that fewer vulnerable people die but each to their own.

I follow will do for now :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Living in the US we very familiar about the consequences for letting our guard down. The virus strikes back with venom.
We too should have taken note on how other countries with low infection rates are managing the pandemic, particularly Germany and the Scandinavian countries.
But no, our mental dwarf leader tells the world he knows best and there is no cause for alarm.
I have real concerns for the people who blindly follow him, if they are the future of America, we are doomed!

It sounds like you have it under control much more than we do.
The vaccine that Oxford is working on sounds promising, time will tell, of course.

1 Like

It really is appalling whatā€™s happening in the States. I tune into CNN every morning and they often display the new numbers. It once seemed on the brink of control, but then the orange moron demanded individual states reopen - with predictable consequences.

The most infuriating thing with Trump, he has some the worldā€™s best doctors and scientists at his disposal. God help them if they disagree with him, Relentless attack after attack, when you analyze that, it makes him look even more idiotic as he was the one who hired themā€¦speaks volumes about his judgment!
3 more months until the election, just 3 more months!

3 Likes

Do you think Joe Biden will win?

Biden is ahead strongly in the polls but Trump is such a cheat Iā€™m sure heā€™s got a scheme to swing the results his way.
He Just put in place a new postmaster general, Louis DeJoy. He lives in my neighborhood and heā€™s a complete tool. He had a big Trump fundraiser at his house a while back and what do you know, Trump sends him to destroy the USPS. Iā€™m pretty sure DeJoy had never stepped into a post office before his appointment. Anyway, heā€™s doing a fine job, closing post offices, delaying mail and removing essential equipment. Heā€™s under the direct command of Trump. In my state they expect more than 70% of voting to be mail in ballots. With a collapsed mail system, those ballots will not be counted.

3 Likes

If I was living in the states I would rather have Joey Essex, let alone Joe Biden, over Trump lol, poor people, I do feel sorry for them!

And with the help of Putin again :wink:

If they ever release Trumps financials and tax records, the world will see how much Russian money Trump and his son in law, the baby faced assassin have been given.
Iā€™m pretty sure that once heā€™s ousted Trump and the majority of his family will end up in jailā€¦ One can only hope.

5 Likes

Substantiated fact, easy to take the sounbite route and provide no counter argument.

ā€œlike baitā€ for morons.

No point arguing with the deluded. You might want to risk yours and your relatives lives because you feel a bit inconvenienced but donā€™t expect everyone else to.

3 Likes