The Road to Bescot

An appropriate name for the protest SWAG when you consider who took over.

2 Likes

Or … " End of the rainbow "

2 Likes

But he only promised turkeys for Christmas - now we have them playing every game! :rofl:

1 Like

If only we could replicate half the success we had with Ramsden and Coakley and that team…

I was one of the people who delivered the turkey’s, had a few of them that Christmas.

Absolutely superb!!

Wow thanks @saddlerken :cry: i love watching things like that but it ultimately just depresses me :joy:

1 Like

Just watched Part 1. What fantastic memories. Thanks.

1 Like

@saddlerken Brilliant! Thanks so much for this.

1 Like

Wow some memories for people there,I didn’t start going till around 87-88 so missed a lot of the earlier stuff but I will never forget the smell of cigars and sitting on those red railings at fellows park watching the match with my dad standing behind me.I had the White Highgate kit for Christmas that year glad I had a taste of at least a small part of that era it’s not the same now and never will be.

5 Likes

So many memories and what ifs.

What if Ramsden (if you believe Blower about his exit and concern for the club) could have been mirrored by our greatest ever fan?

What if we still had press coverage by a man like Marsden? Maybe our esteemed council leader could listen to the Accrington bit?

Jesus I loved that dump compared to the warehouse we moved to!

Didn’t inflict it on the family, they watched the dog grooming instead FFS.

God bless the saddlers!

1 Like

I mistakingly started recording a programme over mine (I thought a blank tape was in the recorder). Just as the players put Coakley on their shoulders up pops some Central News weather girl with latest forecast :grinning:

3 Likes

Bloody hell you are as bad as Ray Barone recording over his wedding video :joy:

I was 11 when we moved out of Fellows Park, but I still remember it like yesterday.
I used to love getting the ‘football special’ bus up to the ground with my dad.

Get to the ground, go for a ■■■■ up the wall that we called toilets.

Standing in the corner, watching the players come out the tunnel.

Sitting on the wall in the Street End for the entire match watching us lose most games.

I miss the old girl. She may have been an old, delapidated, ramshackle of a ground. But she was OUR ground, and I’d give anything for just 1 more match there

2 Likes

Just watched the first one, brilliant!
Easy to see why some of the older generation are fed up more than others at WFC, some of that football on show in those highlights was beautiful.

6 Likes

Was the weather women Gail Force?

2 Likes

Thanks for posting will watch second one later. UTS

1 Like

Anyone got champagne saddlers digitised? I’ve got the VCR still and maybe the club would nowallow this on YouTube? Love to see Siggi cartwheel away again!

1 Like

Just watched part one, never seen this before. Really great, and I genuinely didn’t think any footage of the Arsenal game in 1933 even existed, that’s amazing! Few other goals I’d never seen in there too, like that belter against Shrewsbury.

Felt sad seeing the Ramsden stuff. A bit before my time but you can sense the optimism. How different things could have been. Yes, it could have all ended in a worse way, granted. But still.

I wonder if the club are sitting on any other content/old matches like this? I’ve always felt like there’s a really limited amount of archive Walsall FC stuff online, even compared to similar clubs - I’ve never seen video footage from the 60s or 70s for example, and even the Championship years don’t seem to be anywhere.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed the match highlights on this it’s worth owning just for those some cracking teams back then can’t we edit wallet out of it with modern technology? :wink:

1 Like