Tom Knowles signs

Why, is matty fryatt their striker coach?

2 Likes

Who are we dropping for this guy? We have some seriously strength in depth especially with the injured coming back! How do we keep them all happy?
I take it in our formation he is going to be in a battle with Hutchinson and that’s a fight he will probably losses.
He sounds quality though

He’s highly spoken of but I’d just caution that he has next to no football league experience, just a handful of brief sub appearances. I wouldn’t expect him to be starting any time soon.

Nice 1 Walsall! :clap:

Flynn Clarke isn’t going to get much game time at this rate is he.

Easily ÂŁ100k or more spent on this

The step up in quality from the Vanarama to league football isn’t as big as it once was. I wouldn’t be worried about him not having too much league experience if he has proven himself in the league below. Would the same views have been expressed had we signed Dallas or Tshimanga?

2 Likes

Isn’t it great to be the ones getting the player instead of us moaning they have gone with no replacement?

We also.now have 4 set piece takers in Hutch, Knowles , Mayer and Bennett

If we fail to succeed this season it won’t be for the want of trying.

1 Like

Neither did Earing, he did more than alright playing his first season in league football.
Flynn’s giving us more attacking options than we had last year, during a long season of games it’s going to make a big difference down the stretch.
Welcome to Walsall Tom.

4 Likes

I was going to ask the same question. If he goes straight into the squad for Saturday then someone has to step down. Clarke F didn’t get a kick on Saturday, DJT is a loanee with not much experience, Maher is a prospect but he’s only 17, Earing hasn’t had much of a pre-season due to injury … which one would you leave out for Knowles?

It will be an even bigger (but welcome) headache for MF when the 5 injured players start coming back into contention.

1 Like

I love how Flynn has got his way, he must be happy with the squad he has now.

I don’t think Williams will start every week tbh so this might be an option

" I am a direct player, I like running at players, scoring goals…" :heart_eyes: These players are the stuff of nightmares for League 2 defenders!

1 Like

I think it’s fair to say once players have returned from injury as well… we actually have a squad!

1 Like

This gives me more confidence that when the time is right, money will be made available to.make DJ a permanent signing

1 Like

With the opportunity to use 5 subs this season then this is a great addition to the squad, and gives us great options not just during a game, but also to play a different formation if needed.

I just hope that this doesn’t mean that we will not look to sign DJ permanently in January as well. Wilko is out of contract in June, so who knows, long term it might be Wilko who gives way? Logically you would say that Williams will fall back to being the back-striker so that we have a bit more pace upfront. We have some great options now though. Time to give some praise back to the Club for a change. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I could not see Fullarton picking up the players we have this season if he had still been here? Thank god he has gone and Flynn has been able to work his magic. So far he has been a genius!!!

1 Like

We won’t have to imagine for long​:joy::joy:

I’d quite like to see Maher go out on loan now. I know it’s not strictly the same position, but it is a player in an attacking position and I think he looks ready for game time.

10 Likes