Trevor Christie

TC on his time in football including the behind the scenes unhappy times at WFC in 88-9.

https://www.issawalsall.org/post/trevor-christie-interview

7 Likes

That’s a good read!

2 Likes

Not very complimentary about Barry Blower.

I thought he was rather generous to be fair

1 Like

Big Jim Holton was an animal. :scream:

1 Like

If we’re talking about raising money for the club etc Fellows1926,why don’t you compile all these interviews (along with a few more) and get them published…Even if it’s done through self-publishing.I know I would definitely buy one or more.

2 Likes

What a brilliant read, the most honest summary of career, always thought he was underrated and what we would do to get someone of his pedigree now.

3 Likes

Occasionally we sign a player and I think “blimey, we’ve done well to get him” and Trevor Christie was one of those. Made a change from the usual journeymen, kids we thought we’d give a chance to, and knackered old pros we hoped wouldn’t be too knackered.
I think he was only 27 when we signed him.

3 Likes

I think the fact that he was going bald always added about 5yrs to his appearance,but I liked him,a proper centre forward.

4 Likes

Forbes, Christie, Cross, and now it looks like Kelly could look after himself. That Coakley team did have a bit of " bastardry" about it.

3 Likes

I see he’s still claiming that goal at Ashton Gate in the 88 play-off 1st leg.

Just watch the video - https://youtu.be/lLf8U9vRfqo. It’s the most blatant own goal you will ever see, with Graeme Forbes being the closest of our players to getting a touch. Christie was never in playing distance of the ball at any point yet claimed it from even before it crossed the line - and still is!!! :flushed:

1 Like

Remember him scoring a belter against Port Vale in the FA cup, ran from around the half way line straight down the middle and let fly from outside the box. Fifth and last goal right at the end of the game - saw several flat caps flung in the air in the Street End when ball hit back of net.

2 Likes

Legend.
Used to love watching him at fellows park as a youngster.
A proper centre forward.

2 Likes