Trivela Group Takeover

To be fair his decision making can’t be that bad , he’s a millionaire in his own right

Pre- internet days though. There was information out there that Ramsden wasn’t all he seemed - the Slicker column in Private Eye, for instance-but it wasn’t widely circulating. If these were as dodgy ,there’d be internet rumours and innuendo. I’m not aware of any.

4 Likes

Before my time im happy to say. mid 90s i started attending the games.

Would there though, given no one seems to have any idea who they are?

Nice bloke. He is bang on too, I think some management of expectation needs to go on (which is why I’m not for bomb-bastic claims even if semi-serious). For years fans (and managers and chairmen) have under evaluated the scale of the rebuilds, then the rebuilds of the rebuild that wasn’t properly done in the first place.

It’s not going to take one summer to sort this team out from lucky not to be in a relegation scrap to play off certs, even with an improvement in budget (that line about “competing with a sensible budget” works both ways, plenty of teams fail to compete with a large budget).

I’d take top half next season right now if you offered it.

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: “I have lamentably failed at making us a league one club and the stadium purchase is on going”

• Leigh Pomlett.

Years of dog shit football in a piss poor league (even pre covid) was enough for me.

Much of LP’s decision making has been shocking, especially in relation to football related appointments. His efforts to be more transparent have become increasingly crap and he has inherited the batton the hatches and fans are a nuisance ethos from the Bonser era. His record on decision making doesn’t fill me with confidence but something had to change to shake the relics on the Board and get the club into this century. Reuniting club with ground will end the Bonser era for good and help to unite the fan base and if that is LPs main legacy I will be grateful. I’ve been moaning about it for over 30 years :grin: Like the talk of evolution not revolution and like @Blazing_Saddler put it, I don’t have unrealistic expectations and couldn’t give a monkeys about the PL, I just want some excitement, big matches, cup runs, promotions/relegations… just some excitement

So cautious optimism from me

7 Likes

I though that might be the case from the 85 bit on your username

Like i said im happy to accept still being league 2 with the position we find ourselves in now.

Trivela group is a investment group. They want a financial return on there investment and then some.
However there not going to get a vast amount with us on the edge on non league football.
American sports and franchises simply don’t have relegation,its completely alien to them.
Whatever there motivation they will need the team higher up the football pyramid. Thats good for us i believe.
Ever hopeful. UTS

3 Likes

Good for you, but that’s how you view it. The man himself has outlined the areas he has failed in. There are clear ways to demonstrate his reign hasn’t been successful. Poor football, unachieved goals, lip service that was exposed to be bullshit, pops at his own fans, even the famous 5 years plan of getting into League One and getting funding has had to be adjusted.

People can dwell on the last 3 seasons and say well pomlett promised this or pomlett promised that. The facts are we are in a postion people have dreamed of for a very long time. And i for one will saver every moment will this takeover live upto all my dreams and expectations probaly not but it gives me hope and alot of it. So for that i thank pomlett and look to the future.

They certainly can when discussing his time as Chairman :joy:

I thank him too, for selling up to somebody who might actually achieve something. Might.

1 Like

You’re right, he’s made a lot of poor footballing decisions.
But, fair play to Pomlett for admitting those errors and for feeling like an abject failure for not getting us into L1.
You don’t succeed in life without having a few failures along the way. It doesn’t matter how you start, it’s where you finish that counts. If LP does nothing else for our football club, he will achieve getting American investment and re-uniting the club with the freehold - both very significant achievements, something most of us have wanted for decades.
We all hope Flynn is the right manager and Trivela are the right owners to take us forward

4 Likes

Aye, can definitely either lead to, or stop, any big mistakes!

1 Like

Can’t say much that hasn’t already been said, but I did notice a fact that not many on here seem to have noticed, that Mr. Boycott said that he had been to quite a few matches at Fortress Bescot?..Surely someone somewhere must have noticed a new face with a North American accent appearing in the Boardroom before now?
Joyful that this slow death of our club has been halted, but, it must be remembered that our No.1 fan is still in charge, (the shareholding is a almost worthless husk whilst the stadium and the freehold belong to one man’s Pension Fund) and I feel sure he (sorry his Pension Fund) wont sell his golden egg on the cheap.
Looking forward to some decent signings in the forthcoming weeks that will hopefully show our intent for a change of direction, upward, instead of sideways and backwards would be a good start.

Mate of mine was looking for Clarke in the directors box at the Vale game.
He saw Boycott but didn’t then know who he was.

I did have an American sit by me at a match in the winter. He asked me lots of questions about the Club and it’s history. He was clearly a moneyed gentleman as he supported Portland Timbers and was flying home for a match in the following mid week before returning immediately to continue his tour of the 92 league grounds!!!
I doubt he has anything to do with the take over but if Mr Boycott was at a few games I bet he was nowhere near the Directors box !!

3 Likes

He literally said in his interview that he wasn’t even allowed out for a pie and that it was all under cover when he came for games. Apparently sat in the boardroom.

I think that says more about how many directors actually attend than them not noticing a loaded American to be honest …

1 Like

pleased to read about this

4 Likes