Trivela Group Takeover

:joy: I bet Gerrards crapping his pants as we speak.

He seems to have never heard the phrase ā€œunder promise and over deliverā€ in his entire life judging on his time as Walsall chairman.

1 Like

Pomlett talking about Benā€¦

1 Like

Absolutely

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Makes sense. Ben has never ran a football club so this is more experience to go alongside Matt Jordanā€™s input at Trivela no doubt.

1 Like

Derby should be relegated to the National league. Theyā€™ve been given numerous extensions. The EFL were happy enough to ā€˜closeā€™ Bury, Macclesfield so now time for one of the big boys. IMO

3 Likes

Who gives a toss about what Stevie G thinks? :rofl:

1 Like

That worries me, he has the final say on who we sign. Heā€™s more likely to make financial choice rather than a football choice.

Like any chairman ever. Heā€™s not the scout though, itā€™s not like heā€™s picking the players out himself. Somebody making a ā€œfinancialā€ decision in that role is kind of why they are there.

2 Likes

At least Pomlett is a football fan, so thereā€™s a chance heā€™s heard of certain players, the yanks donā€™t know anyone that we might be interested in. Letā€™s hope they are fast learners.

Flynnā€™s given them a list, according to that interview. I wouldnā€™t want a club where any chairman is scouting and sourcing the players to be honest.

1 Like

Just had too.

3 Likes

You sort of get what he meant, but he just said it wrong-again. I think he meant we want to make the media pay us some of the attention these clubs now get. The mistake was making it sound like a " tanks on the lawn" challenge to the neighbours instead.

2 Likes

I took it as a joke myself . I think some of you are making too much of this. Considering the massive news we have had this week this is small beer.

9 Likes

Preferred Dean Smithā€™s ā€˜much more than just that club you can see from the M6ā€™.

I agree, think it was pretty tongue in cheek. But LP does have an incredible ability to make statements that can be interpreted in numerous ways and ends up giving ammunition to people who want to have a go. Tongue in cheek, but a dumb thing to say

1 Like

Agreed itā€™s small, but Pomlett in general doesnā€™t seem to stop and think how he might be interpreted.People on here were querying this before the other fans got hold off it. Hopefully wonā€™t be a problem going forward-Boycott looked very media savvy.

1 Like

Snap!

1 Like

I agree about Boycott being media savvy. Perhaps he will be able to change that part of the club which is clearly not the best.