So far it has you ain’t wrong

1 Like

Can’t actually argue with that

1 Like

Have I missed Boycott’s second letter?

I know. And it’s very worrying indeed

1 Like

It is
But i still think that we should reserve judgement until they show their intentions over the next few months

2 Likes

And the big winners there were… Trivela’s global football, which has to hold the record for the world’s biggest football by the way, and Jeff Bonser and his merry band of family members and cohort of other hangers on and facilitators, great so far ay it? Still just 13 months in (plus the other two years that Pomlett let slip once or twice, but I think he got away with it…oooops). If you havn’t sussed this yet, you’re probably still wearing a mask for five minutes in Wilko’s. I was having a conversation over a couple of pints last week with some people that are involved in non-league football about boards and committees that keep their fans at arms length for their own variety of selfish and almost inevitably financial interests that conflict with the founding principles of said clubs, and if they are limited companies, equally inevitably conflict with the articles of association which define the principles of governance which are supposed to underpin “directorship”. It dawned on me that at Walsall FC we are likely 35 years into such a conflict - half a lifetime, several generations, whichever way you want to look at it. At the back end of that, we are owned by a bunch of people from thousands of miles away that quack like a duck that hasn’t got a first clue how to run a football club at any level, and are being “mentored” by some people that definitely don’t know how to run a football club…and yet the clown that I am I cling to the hope that its all going to work out :rofl: :rofl: Goooo on Mat :laughing:

4 Likes

It’s like a new guy has joined the card school Poms left we sussed him .Ben’s took his place he ain’t played long enough yet let him play a few hands then we’ll have some idea what he’s about .hope he ain’t a bluffer and plays a straight game .time will tell .

2 Likes

Pom was sussed couldn’t even hold is cards the right way round
IMG_1251

3 Likes

That’s him all over :rofl::rofl:

There is a fence around the old Saddlers club, what else do we plebs require?
Sorry doubters, but on this occasion Gens has hit he nail squarely on the head, we are yet to be convinced that Trivela are not interested in the ‘Real Estate’ but the future of a football club? yeah, right.

We? Speak for yourself.

3 Likes

The 2nd letter will come just before the next piece of dubious news, if the timing of the first letter is anything to go by.

3 Likes

Exactly. You can see from my list above that really the main objective appears to have been to secure ownership of a 10 acre peice of land because nothing else has been done.
Pomlett could well be ending league football in Walsall I reckon. He organised this

1 Like

It’s seventeen acres mate.

2 Likes

I don’t normally post, but this theory keeps getting thrown out there and it’s ridiculous.

The stadium and land were owned by a pension fund and as such have to transact (rent or sale) at market value, not below under any circumstances.

The rent was huge and increasing each year with inflation. This gives the stadium an investment value which is far, far greater than the land and stadium on it.

If your plan was to build a load of houses, you could get almost any piece of land with planning permission already in place and ready to go far cheaper. It would be the worst way to acquire land for development. You’d also not have thousands of objections to any sort of planning application (which could easily take 10 years to finally get around).

Also, it’s not an area like Mayfair where the only land going is worth taking at a premium, you can get land in loads of decent locations anywhere.

The whole theory is so naive it’s untrue.

28 Likes

Patience buddy it’s coming .

Got down on my knees
Grabbed my pen and bowed my head
Tried to summon all that my heart finds true
And send it in my letter to you. The BOSS

2 Likes

Really useful perspective. Thank you. It certainly dosnt help speculation though when basically this is the only success Trivela have actually delivered

I’ve pointed this out before, but the theory still gets banded around. It’s ridiculous. There’s far cheaper land out there for housing with far less obstacles to development.

8 Likes

They must have found Oil and Gold deposits then :grin:

1 Like

Speculation doesn’t mean anything though, it’s just speculation. I replied as it keeps coming up and if it’s repeated enough it’s taken as potentially true and it just isn’t.

It’d be far more productive to focus on realistic issues and look to fix those. Accusing Trivela of things that make no sense and then complaining that the relationship with fans is poor or that they don’t explain themselves just wastes time that could be spent on the real issues.

14 Likes