Tyreik Wright

Remember it? there wasn’t a month went by without me having to stand for some parts of the lesson, because my arse resembled a tram line :joy:
Or was that the cane? and it was my hand that looked like a tramline?

Interestingly it was used mainly in Scotland, and only a few English schools, namely Newcastle Gateshead Manchester Liverpool and Walsall :flushed:

We had a lovely Physics teacher , whose weapon of choice was the Bunsen burner tube , he’d be locked up these days .

In junior school my english teacher stapled one of my fingers :joy: and a few hours later the big black bakerlite clock above the blackboard fell off the wall and knocked him out :joy:
And when in our enviromental studies class at the comp, i was bragging about killing a dragonfly with my fishing net, and the teacher kicked the filing cabinet over onto me :joy:
We also had two teachers at the comp found out about an illicit drinking party at one of my mates houses, they turned up, got drunk, had a couple of fights and copped off with a couple of the best school girls that had attended, they would have been done as ■■■■’s now :flushed:

1 Like

Sad world we live in.

You see all the premier league players who’ve been abused recently and their visibility is off the scale. Not right but guys like Rashford and Martial are known pretty much in every part of the world due to the club they play for so easy targets when things aren’t going well.

With respect to Tyreik he’s making his way in the game. Never played for Villa and played what two games here so 99.9% of football fans would never have heard of him, nevermind the general population.

Words fail if there really are 14 year olds scrolling through social media looking for unknown black players and thinking “ah it’s their turn for a bit of racial abuse.” The mind really boggles on that one.

1 Like

What the ■■■■? I mean beyond “there are racist ■■■■■ everywhere” I can’t even understand what triggered this? Seems so out of the blue, which is even worse.

7 Likes

I used the tawse when I taught in the UK. And it wasn’t in the 18th century. The ‘belt’, as it was also known, was used on the hands of both boys and girls, and they wouldn’t have been able to use their fingers on social media afterwards. Or to scrawl on lavatory walls, as it was in those days.

1 Like

Like it.

My Headmaster mr Mends used to have a rack of canes on his wall. If you got sent to him he asked which hand you wrote with and hit the other one so you could still write afterwards and told you to pick your cane. Always go for the fattest not the thinest.
And he never held back at all.
Our woodwork teacher Mr Wooley used a 12" steel rule. The PE teacher Mr Winder used a tennis shoe that someone had left in the changing room. He used to come to school on a big Norton motrbike. Got killed on it touring Australia one summer.

Utter disgrace didnt think people like this still existed fake account at a guess the wording used is like something from the 70s or 80s.

1 Like

It’s now hit the national press. Hopefully the police will quickly find the scrote. It should be quite easy, I guess.

Aston Villa report ‘sickening’ racist abuse of Tyreik Wright to the police | Daily Mail Online

1 Like

I’m surprised no one’s mentioned the flying blackboard rubber. Common occurrence at my Comp.

In my junior school I had a teacher who was a psychological bully. Took pleasure in taking the ■■■■ out of little kids until they cried. I hated him. Often wondered what I’d do if I had met him as an adult. He’s probably dead now. Hopefully.

2 Likes

Our Physics teacher was an utter ***hole, flying blackboard rubber was his favourite weapon. Always hated physics because of him, the only time I ever bunked off school was when the mock was due!
Did amuse us all once though, trying to ‘pick up’ water out of a glass, was trying to teach us about the ‘state of matter’ or some such tosh.

1 Like

Good old Mr Sturrock I guess.

Had the "toss " as we called it, off him twice,

Had one teacher who used to just hit the nearest person if someone was messing about, Think it was Latin (God I hated that). He had one of those big desks at the front which opened up and occasionally he would bang it on his own head. Not sure if he was quite right! He could be quite funny at times, but unpredictable in the main.

Yes thats right.When were you there? I was 1956-61. I played chess and Mr. Sturrock used to take the school team to away matches so my dealings with him were to do with that rather than punishment.My misdeamours were dealt with by detentions rather than the tawse!!

Not read the thread but dose anyone known if the scum in question is a Walsall fan?

Had an RI teacher who used to hit people with the Bible…

Bob Warman’s dad was a master with the blackboard rubber, he’d hit a fly in mid flight with it.

Just back to Tyreik and I think it is a full house of supporters groups and club affiliations who have come out in support of Tyreik whilst condemning the person and sort of people who do this kind of thing.

It makes a big difference and I hope in some way helps Tyreik.

Whilst I get the cries to punish whoever did this, alongside that there has to be education. A racist in prison or with a fine or banning order is still a racist. The PL clubs should offer some kind of rehabilitation programme for football linked racism cases (not just cases concerning their club but covering their geography)

3 Likes

Are you in favour of corporal punishment then?