Unimportant Cup draw

Lets hope their coach breaks down and we win by default :grin:

Itā€™s the only way we will get through this one!

1 Like

I should take a can and a sandwich,just to be on the safe side Simonā€¦:grinning:

1 Like

I think he means by staying at home and listening to the commentary :beer:

Thereā€™s a current radio advert being broadcast (possibly Now TV) where it says ā€œBack your team by getting a day passā€.

I fail to see how sitting on your sofa, cheering from afar is backing your team (other than the small bit of your subscription that goes to your clubs coffers).

Modern ā€œfansā€ eh? :confused:

7 Likes

Be interesting if a PL U21 got into the PL.

Relative, I guess.

Joe bloggs from London is never going to go to Anfield in a million years. So the best he can do to support his team is buy the TV subscription to follow the teams progress.

If the options are this or nothing, its his own way of support. Hes making a little bond with the club by following their fortunes, hes bumping up their TV revenue and maybe he feels more likely to buy a Liverpool shirt from SportsDirect.com

I could be completely wrong but I think the rules in Spain are that the U21 side canā€™t be in the same league, so if they say finish in an automatic spot when their main side is in that league then the promotion spot goes to the next best side. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve seen the rule somewhere but as I say, I might be completely wrong! Iā€™m guessing ours would be the same rules, if it ever came to it.

I do think if it ever did though then Iā€™d spend my time groundhopping non league grounds. The day the EFL sells itself to the PL by doing that is the day I stop caring.

4 Likes

If you are not bothered then why take the time to start a new thread (about it) and comment (about it) ?
Walsall FC are playing whoever in the next round and I would imagine that Walsall FC fans and supporters would like them to do well and progress.
Canā€™t be doing with all this hand wringingā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦good luck to all at the club !

People are discussing the wider impact of the change in format on a sport we all love. It goes past simple blind support of Walsall FC for a lot of people, in which Iā€™d include myself.

Thatā€™s not to say people who go to these games are wrong, not at all, itā€™s their choice.

Donā€™t confuse not being bothered by who we play next with being apathetic on what has happened to the competition as a whole. Those not going are passionate in their reasons, and as such, see the devalued nature of the fixture as symptomatic of a larger issue of smaller clubs being dictated to by larger clubs.

As already said, if fans donā€™t make a stand, it will just be the start. If that doesnā€™t bother you then fair enough.

Because itā€™s a forum, forums are to have conversation, disagree, debate.

Spot on Dan.

Actually one year in the late 90s Atletico Madrid got relegated from La Liga. Pretty sure their B Team had to be then relegated even though they finished 7th.

Also means likes of Barca B can never realistically get promoted to the top division.

Yeah thatā€™s how it is.

Essentially if a B team ends up in the same league as their ā€˜Aā€™ team, whether thatā€™s due to their ā€˜Aā€™ team being relegated or the ā€˜Bā€™ being promoted, the ā€˜Bā€™ team have to be relegated in any case.

Think this is where our Wembley dreams will be over. Oh i am not going to the Pompey match.