Upcoming Twitter/News post?

Anyway. Patience is one thing. Being taken for a mug is another.

There comes a time when we have to progress. This window we haven’t progressed at all and that is shocking considering the support they’ve received this season.

1 Like

I dunno about being taken for a mug but too a degree you are correct,

He said an experienced winger and maybe a striker are bare minimum…Neither have come too plan for reasons we dont know…Too us it smack of no ambition again, too them its clever business. but the big draw back of it all is how DC has been throwing things about for months “weak minds will go” “were poor up the final 3rd we need wide players, 3 are a minimum” and we get the 2 we have (no discredit too them i haven’t saw enough too judge) but by saying these are musts and you will be doing this and that then do nothing at all throws doubt in the water, and he said he knows the past of this club so surely him and LP would know the reaction this would bring of more poor ambitions by the club , maybe why hes said this today? 6 months too turn this club around isn’t long enough not yet hes got plenty more too do im sure, but the actual things us fans see have not really changed but im sure in time they will…None of us know budgets,wages and all the debts he paid no one else was about too get us “steady” so we have too trust…he took a sinking ship and is trying his best too steady it and make it set sail once again… Still isn’t too say DC tactics and selections have the best and may have cost us points but between bad selections and individual errors we have been our own downfall

1 Like

The reason I say mug is actually for the exact reason of most of the rest of your post.

It’s not just DC (although I agree his comments haven’t helped). This bloke sold an extra 500 season tickets this season solely on the fact he was taking over. I was willing to give it time and patience and all the things he asked for, as were a lot of people. Then talk of competitve budgets and 5K sales later were sort of accepted, although the later struck a bit of a nerve. But being told “patience” after a baron January in terms of transfers, bar one loanee and one kid that isn’t ready to start (apparently), the same inconsistent performances and the same broken promises cause me to say patience for what?

No we don’t know the budget but I’m just holding the guy to his own words.

What are we waiting for? Could we not improve the squad this January? If not why not? That wasn’t the noise two weeks ago. Patience for him to just spout more nonsense and not deliver?

1 Like

I dont really give 2 ■■■■■ if you think im a mug for believing in it all but tbh i have no choice but too…

I’m not calling you a mug mate, I’m talking about how I feel they are treating the fans. If you believe what they are saying then that is your prerogative. I personally have lost a lot of faith in that and their promises.

What other choice do we have but too believe or even hope it will all come good?

We are just numbers and will never know/understand the goings on of the club…

Not happy but know im just a number so i have too just hope his love for WFC will drive him and us forward.

Hope? Sure. We have no other choice.

But enough of what has come out of the club, even in the last few weeks, has been enough for me to say “I’ll believe it when I see it” from now on. But as I said, to each their own.

1 Like

We just can’t compete anymore!

What i find odd is that this season we’ve accumulated a bit more than the previous seasons.

Sales of Cook, Ferrier and Dobson surely were fairly decent (not so much Ferrier) and then add in the extra funds from the cup ties.

Surely this means this extra un budgeted income can be used? Some will of been used on Nolan more recently and DC said we went in for an experienced winger, but can’t compete with their wage demands.

We bid for an available striker and lost out to Forest Green Rovers.

Is LP putting extra income to the side to help buy out of the leasehold? Or has DC had a promise of what’s remaining of his budget this season can be used for the next one?

Although we were told that communication would improve, which it has from the chairman himself to an extent, us fans really want further transparency. I mean if LP came out and said yes, we made xxx amount but we are ringfencing it to pay off the leasehold. Would we accept that more?

I forgot that we actually missed out on two this window :joy:

I think we certainly would be more willing to stick together and try our best to help the club and not criticise as much if we knew more about the situation .But we seem to be taken for mugs.If we were told the truth about what’s going on and not given false hopes of competing in this ■■■■ league .

I agree completely!

There are a new breed of chairman’s coming through in the lower leagues with the likes of Accrington Stanley’s, Pboro, Tranmere and Port Vale.

Accrington Stanley way of doing things is One to be envious of.

2 Likes

“Nevertheless, I am always keen that we keep things in perspective and there is much going well”
What is going well, a few pop up beer tents, the ladies having sinks that work? The football on the pitch is not going too well and that is what matters to me. My condolences to the Sinnott family on their loss, truly dreadful.

Got to be honest,at least under jeff we know we were getting screwed,it’s the false hope of the new chairman and manager that had really killed it for us all

2 Likes

You are probably not alone in thinking that. However, sometimes it’s best to just let things pass without comment - bearing in mind the subject matter.

I’m not being disrespectful. It really is a horrible situation and when we sent the shirt, for example, I was all for it. Thought it was a really good move.

But I couldn’t give a toss if people think it should be said or not, that’s how I read it.

‘At least we knew where we were when Jeff was screwing us’

And that’s a good thing? Really?

I give up

To me this article was a thinly disguised ‘vote of confidence’ prior to dismissal, after all, we are in all likelihood set for another three defeats on the spin. Bonser would not have put up with such ineptness, and I think Leigh is rapidly running out of patience with the excuses DC churns out after pith poor performances.

2 Likes

Wasnt a personal dig by the way petepop. Just sick of this ■■■■

1st one Rob :clap::clap::wink:

1 Like