Update from a happy Mr Pomlett!

I’m wondering about the possibility of passing tickets on to family and friends if you can’t go.

I’m sure in the FAQs it mentioned being able to buy on behalf of others and being able to download to different devices.

I know of a family member who is eligible for a Crystal Palace ticket but will be away that day so they’ll likely offer their ticket to someone else if possible to do so.

Also with season tickets it was always possible to let someone else use your ticket if you couldn’t attend a game. And I know of families owning a couple of season tickets that are just available for any members of the family to use depending on who can attend games.

I’d go with having my season ticket on my mobile but if there’s no way to be able to transfer them for others to use I’d likely opt for a physical card.

The e-ticket from Harriers is a PDF attachment to an e-mail. I could forward it to someone else if I wanted, and they could access from their own phones, PCs, tablets, whatever, or even print it off on a piece of paper (which can be photocopied and handed round). I could also store it on some device like a home NAS or perhaps in the cloud so if I lose or break the phone I received the original on I can still access it. The security will be that they will scan the QR code in the PDF when you enter the ground and they are unique so if anyone else tries to use the same one and it will ping up. In short, I can pass it on to someone else if I can’t use it but only one person will be able to get in with it.

The same is if course true of a physical card - with the exception that if you lose it you won’t be able to retrieve it yourself from a backup and will have to go back to the ticket office in person.

BTW I remember our STs being credit card sized plastic back in the 70s. I think they went to paper books as they could retain the numbered pages to stop reuse and keep an accurate record of entries whereas, in those days, you just flashed the plastic and could potentially pass it on to someone else outside to get in on it - or the turnstile operator could fiddle the numbers (record more of the “clicks” as being flashed STs and keep a corresponding number of cash entries). The difference now is that the cards will have unique chips in them to prevent that sort of fraud.

3 Likes

Nice to see a smile on LP’s boat race

He looks 10 years younger and less stressed compared to the " I’m backing Brian interviews"

Hope we can all have a smile on our faces at the start of the season

4 Likes

I would like to see a big smile on his face at the end of the season!

He looked like he has lost a few pounds as well, looked very fit and healthy

Who doesn’t love a happy ending mate?:wink:

We all do, though it’s been a while since we had one!

I think I still have my plastic card somewhere in my ticket stubs.

1 Like