Update from the Chairman

Blimey, all those emails I’ve been sending her seem to have worked. :laughing:

1 Like

With no ground, no team, no money, and 6 league levels below where we are now! There’d be no guarantee that we’d spring back quickly, and for all of the success stories like AFC Wimbledon there’s far more that stay down at that level for years.

1 Like

To say people would support our club going bust is mental all that history just to get flushed down the toilet no thank you. If saving our club means we are to pay rent to bonser for the time we are at bescot then so be it at least we still have our club.

SOS = SAVE OUR SADDLERS

5 Likes

You seem to be taking your anger you have for bonser out on the man who had the balls to put his money where his mouth is and rid us of that leech as our chairman.

1 Like

I must admit, i have had the same dream as @Cully, that we are out of the clutches of the leach, and can start again with no financial restrictions, but not at the expense of losing our history and football league status, i don’t think i had thought it through right :slightly_frowning_face:

On the 11th December 2020 Walsall FC Ltd will celebrate? 100 years since incorporation, it’s unlikely we’ll see another 100 years as the current business model is unsustainable.
We’ve essentially got no ground now, no assets, no money just a team.

I’m surprised that with financial information freely available albeit so for a small fee it doesn’t take more than ten minutes to find out how precarious our position is and how far removed Pomlett is from being the ‘saviour’ that people believe. He’s been on the board for over ten years and we’ve never heard anything from him yet suddenly people are treating him like the messiah. Try researching him, it will shock you.

Chunkster, we all want our club to survive but without substantial investment and a willingness by our former chairman to make good his promise to sell to the right buyer. He had an offer that not only matched his valuation but exceeded it by £100k and still turned it down, why? because he had no intention of selling.

1 Like

Nobody is saying he is our saviour. What I do know is that he is as truthful as he can possibly be and at least he keeps us in the know and we have a little hope of a better future.

■■■■ me mate it’s all smoke and mirrors :flushed:

I agree for the most part with Culvinder :flushed:

The best chance of us not going bust is to stop paying Bonser. Thousands of company’s are not paying rent at the minute. What’s he going to do about it?

Also, do people think that we are the only lower league club in trouble? Most of us need to survive otherwise there will be no one to play at our level.

2 Likes

Do the research and you will be astounded. I’ve said enough.

1 Like

Let’s just go bust then and never see our team play a professional game again :see_no_evil:

Heard he was a big noise in Belgian cheesy waffles - the Pomfrett Empire.

From what i can gather
Bonzo sold to LP in name only? so he is still in control theoretically with LP seeming to be our savior. a front man? a puppet
And he turned down an offer £100,000 more because the offer was from someone he couldn’t control?
Now this is only supposition mods just the ramblings of a drunken supporter :laughing:

Gavin, you will have no choice in the matter. Chucking a few pounds into the kitty won’t make any difference, it’s a business not a char.ity

1 Like

So, what’s your solution then?

My word. This isn’t about the past it’s about the here & now, the future.

But us fans can do all we like, but it will be a drop in the ocean, compared to Bonser cancelling the rent for a year, directors & players taking a pay cut etc…

I will give my all to save the club, but not to service the rent.

4 Likes

I’ll pm you Chunkster.

1 Like

Cully spot on btw

1 Like

Chunkster that would not surprise me at all

1 Like