Upgrade or Downgrade?

I think we can all agree Osbourne > anybody is an upgrade.

7 Likes

If Adebayo bothers to move, and can finish like a striker, he should be an upgrade on Cook. Cook was just a pure finisher, put the ball at his feet within 19 yards of goal, and heā€™d fashion a chance. Other than that, his game was seriously limited.

I wouldnā€™t mind trading off some of Cooks goals for a more rounded striker.

1 Like

Mansfield scored 4 in a friendly yesterday,Cook wasnā€™t on the score sheet.

2 Likes

Itā€™s very hard to play nice flowing attacking football with a player like cook upfront but his goals will be a massive loss. But I have faith in flash / Adebayo to get 30 goals between them.

I think the whole squad (including DC) is an upgrade on last season and I personally think if we were still in L1 we would be a competitive side.

Another striker and winger and it will look like a play off squad, atleast.

2 Likes

I always think itā€™s pointless to compare teams by granularising to individual players (especially if youā€™re only doing it on paper pre-season before youā€™ve seen them in proper action together).

This time last year, the players in that squad looked good to many but came nowhere near expectations as a team. On the other hand, Smithā€™s almost promotion winning squad was vastly greater than the sum of its parts.

Adebayo still very raw - seen glimpses of quality at Leamington

Looking at that - iā€™m even more optimistic.

Great post

1 Like

Side note:
Is it just me that was confused reading this because ā€œ>ā€ is greater than/less than? :nerd_face: :laughing:
i.e. Dunn > Rose means Dunn is greater than Rose.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t find an arrow so just used >. I think most people got the jist but with grammar police on duty I will sharpen up :joy:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the attitude we like! Uncle Jeff would be proud!:rofl:

A little concerned by a lack of pace in midfield and the craft to unlock defenses. We will rely heavily on the wing backs for our offensive threat.

I see us being very solid defensively.

1 Like

I think heā€™ll make it so we can switch to 4-3-3 if we are struggling to unlock teams to be honest. Seems to have a plan of keeping it tight and then we can go for the kill later in the game when need to.

I think we need to hope DC can Foster a good team spirit, Coors we desperately need a good season.

1 Like

Iā€™ll drink to that. But letā€™s stop Harp ing on about it :smile:

ā€¦Ansells certain players for the right price?

1 Like

Bonser will be laughing all the way to the Banksā€™s

Agree with you there, Bud

You all sound bitter to me

We should really update our attitude towards this, its not like its 1664.

Easy, Tiger. Itā€™s a Mythos that one poster cant dictate the attitudes of other posters.