Urgent Extraordinary Meeting

Can you ask them why they haven’t disclosed how much money they have received over and above the yearly budget from transfer fees, compensation and transfer fee add one ( with regard to the Henry transfer) and whether the money has been allocated or spent and if spent or part spent on what?

Let’s get the go fund me set up for the protest banner. Does anyone know how to do this.

At least we would be actually doing something

1 Like

Also, Walsall FC is not like many others lower league clubs due to the commercial side of the business, which pays the rent.
It wouldn’t surprise me if he hasn’t already recouped what he paid for the club with the Rico windfall.
A low risk investment provided he follows the Bonser model. With any luck a gem is unearthed every so often or the team clicks and it’s bonus time.
If the club falls out of the league then the footballing cloth is cut accordingly.

1 Like

Absolutely my good man absolutely hope your not burning by the way factor 30 this time of year I’m guessing?.

1 Like

I don’t see the relevance.

Jeff Bonser was not propping up the club in the years before he left - his loans dated back several years (to the 2008-2011 period if memory serves).

So in the last 8 years of his tenure JWB wasn’t putting money in, he had leant the club money and whilst repayments were happening they varied in amount.

When Pomlett took over he bought the debt off JWB, so to all intents and purposes the club is still in the same position financially.

4 Likes

Good questions, I’m particularly interested in the SLO and finding out what he actually does, and what value he brings to the Club, other than a bit of cheap P.R., that is, it looks as though the Club are doing something, although not actually doing anything worthwhile.
I think it was the last meeting when the SLO gave the briefest of reports, along the lines of there had been e-mails and complaints and these were being dealt with. In future, I would suggest, he needs to provide much greater detail about things that are being done, and how problems are being solved.

Good luck, and I am appreciative of your efforts.

3 Likes

So if we are left in the same position financially then why the massive deterioration in the playing budget and quality of player.

1 Like

I hope the people who attend this meeting are strong enough not to be battered down with a load of bullshit and lies

Remember these are ruthless individuals, willing to do or say anything to protect their interests

Because revenue dropped by 20% in the year ending May 2020, and I’m guessing 20/21 won’t have been much better with Covid etc.

The underlying problem is that the club financial structure means it cannot sustain league football on average attendances of between 4 and 5000. Other clubs manage on far lower attendances - so the problem is not the SLO, it’s not Pomlett, it’s not the lack of chips in the lower - it’s the fact the first half a million quid the club earns every years ends up in your mates pocket.

11 Likes

Pomlett will be practicing his evil laugh as we speak

2 Likes

Fair. Asking why we only have one striker, one left back and two usable centre halves at the club might also be pertinent questions, along with asking did we know there was a risk we may lose our centre half because of homophobia for some stage of the season when he came to the club.

I think it can. The problem is maintaining those crowds if we continue to dwell in the mid to lower reaches of division 4

The off field stuff more than covers the rent.

2 Likes

You clearly don’t understand any of it mate . The commercial Income we have absolutely swallow the rent. It’s nothing in comparison. The wider financial questions are around the whole turnover of the club and where all the funding is going and why this appears to have changed so dramatically in the Pomlett era vs the Bonser era. That’s the crux of it

The last 6 years would suggest not.

Are you suggesting we’ve made 6 years of consecutive bad decisions?

Not often we agree is it lol. But yes rent is a bloody smokescreen. Commercial Income covers it 5 fold. Question for me is the financial operating model Bonser vs Pomlett. Under Pomlett its completely gone down the pan without any exolaination

The accounts for 20/21 haven’t been released yet, and besides, we won’t be able to judge whether commercial or any other revenue has suffered because of the change of ownership because Covid will cloud any kind of analysis.

All we have to go on is 19/20, for which revenue was down from £6.5m to £5.5m if memory serves.

1 Like

More than half of that was in the league above, and I agree that we cannot sustain that level with the model we have.
The pandemic will have bitten us on the commercial side but that will recover.

1 Like

It dosnt change my view. 6.5 million. 5.5 million 4.5 million. Where does all the bloody money go. Do you think other clubs in League 2 have a turnover of that size. I’m telling you even after the rent that they do not!!!. No where near

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Without the rent we could easily be a top half league one club with the odd season in the league above. No chance now.