Vauxhall Conference

They also have cash backing :roll_eyes:
Let’s face it, money talks, end of: not inevitably but, arguably, it’s the sine qua non of soccer these days.

1 Like

Just local Derby teams for me because who doesn’t love a good away day at say Solihull or Notts County to secure our promotion next season.

Solihull will be really tasty, a proper derby, so would love for them to come up. Stockport is always a good day out and not too far so happy for them to come up too.

2 Likes

Stockport and chesterfield

1 Like

The Vaxhall confrence? How very 90s of you😉

2 Likes

What planet are you on? :joy: Have we ever played Solihull in our history?

5 Likes

The same kind of investment we could only hope and dream about, and we would be effin chuffed about it so get off the high horse.

1 Like

I wondered when someone would point this out! The Vauxhall Conference changed its name sponsor in 2015, - 7 years ago. Do keep up, Andy! :grinning:

It is now the Vanarama National League.

2 Likes

We all know it was @Andy_Petterson’s way of being funny. I’m sure he’s aware of its actual name.

2 Likes

I don’t want any team to be promoted. I don’t want any football fans to be happy, except fans of WFC. I would like all teams, apart from us, to be relegated every season, and to go bankrupt, having lost every game 5-0.
Apparently this can’t happen, which is a shame.

3 Likes

Halifax definitely for me just because it’s local, and one other from Stockport, Notts or Chesterfield. Guess Stockport as they’re able to get auto

1 Like

I hope Stockport make it, a rejuvenated club under local ownership and trying to do things the right way.

They were very welcoming and respectful when my local club, Larkhall Athletic, visited them in the third round of FA Trophy in January. They are having a slight wobble after a 20 game winning league and cup run with the match at Wrexham next week the key fixture.

1 Like

What happened to Chesterfield? They were flying earlier in the season before their manager left.

Tshimanga got badly injured. There was some kind of fuss with the manager. All seems to have imploded.

Any of em but Wrexham. Although they will do the job on autos now surely.

If i had to pick one id say Solihull probably.

I’d like Stockport and Solihull, personally, one is an easy away day for me and the other a chance to stay at my mum’s! Wouldn’t mind Notts County back up too.

Think Wrexham will probably get one of the slots though.

1 Like

Stockport and Wrexham would both be a single train ride for me ,and I think both grounds are pretty near the station. Of the two, I’d prefer Stockport.

1 Like

Stockport and Wrexham through the play offs has a depressing air of inevitability about it. Will make league 2 much harder next season with their budgets but would imagine one of them would need to consolidate for a season first given Salford have never really threatened to go up despite what they spend every season.

Playing Solihull home and away would be interesting experience but wouldn’t mind Notts County back as that’s a brilliant away day and generally have a good record there so put that near end of the season and would take a couple of thousand no problem.

1 Like

I last went to pre season game in 2017 there and it was a proper shack of stands.

Saw them play Wigan in the cup around November and they’ve redeveloped one of the stands and it’s two tiered so that would pass inspection and think one of the behind the goal stands has seats.

Think bigger problem for them in long run is Jaguar want to extend their base and so want the land so they’ll likely have to build a new stadium somewhere but not sure there’s obvious site for that.

Stockport or Wrexham will just get promoted next season if one dosen’t make it through play offs given the state Oldham and Scunthorpe are coming down in, don’t see either as serious promotion prospects.

There’s been others who’ve failed though…can remember AFC Fylde having a go and making play offs but they actually got relegated in one of the lockdown seasons. Eastleigh were also splashing the cash a few seasons back but they’re just lower mid table now.