Villa kids

That’s right , if we were offered any lads from our local clubs they would probably be from the group below the team Villa put out last night

Looking from the outside on Social Media Solihull Moors look like they’re a club with their act together

Local Premier League Clubs trusting Jimmy Shan with their players. They’re recruiting from the local non league pyramid

I wonder what the budget differences are between us and the Moors.

1 Like

Thought Villa kids were brilliant last night. Although Liverpool were obviously a class above, they actually won a lot of 50/50’s.

As soon as I heard of the Covid cases I had Liverpool -2 at 21/10, looks a steal now but never know with Klopp if he’d have stuck his kids out too!

And they’re mid table. Same as us. Both might change of course. I don’t get this constant look at that club showing ambition obsession. Everyone said Grimsby were showing ambition getting Holloway and signing loads of players last year. Same with Scunthorpe and Hurst. The league table is the judge.

1 Like

They actually got in Cameron Archer from Villa on loan in September, he’d have started last night if he was still there.

Said it before but Darryl Eales started turning around Oxford from stuck in non league to getting back and being competitive league 1 club again so he has good track record and apparently went to watch Moor Green before the merger.

His heart is in the same place as Leigh Pomlett but they don’t have the rent milestone around them. Also easier to get things going from non league if you’ve got a bit of money and some good contacts as Fleetwood and Crawley have shown in last decade.

Had loads of covid cal offs in fairness. 5 points off Hartlepool in second and got 4 spare games on them.

If they won all 4 of those they’d actually only be 4 points off Torquay who are leading the league by 11 points but probably too much of an ask.

I’d be susprised if they missed out on play offs though (if the season can actually be completed) as a strikeforce of Adam Rooney, Jamie Ward and Archer is comfortably league two, infact some would argue it’s better than what is here!

I agree that Solihull seem to have a clear idea what they’re doing. Although lots of teams between them and Hartlepool also have lots of games in hand. My point is that using any other indicator of ambition other than the table means nothing. Signing players or spending money doesn’t mean anything unless they improve your league position. It’s just waffle. Tranmere, Mansfield , Bolton, Port Vale, Bradford Scunthorpe , Grimsby to name a fee all show ambition apparently. They’re below us in the table. And we’re bang average!

A few

It would be great Deano would loan us a couple of youngsters until the end of the season.
The big issue is will he loan them for FREE? I don’t think we have any other option than free loans.
I hate that we have to beg but we really don’t have a choice given the state of our finances.
Hopefully we can work something out with a Premier or Championship club.