W 2-0 vs Wycombe Wanderers (A) - FA Cup Round One - Sat 5th Nov, 3pm

I didn’t know The White Horse offered such services!?

1 Like

I don’t think the White Horse offers any services now I’m told.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure whether it was still open.

An old advertisement feature from when it did:

Toughest Pubs In Britain

Up to 366 at the last count - and the TSSA have called off their planned strike action (including Saturday), so does that make it easier for more to make it now?

RMT are still on strike (signallers and conductors), so a lot of trains still won’t be running.
Think the majority will be running between 7am - 7pm, so a lot will still struggle to get back home after a game.

1st round of the cup, higher league opposition, chance to cause an upset. Think we can do better than that hopefully an audience pushing past 500 spectators by Saturday.

1 Like

In the last two games Wycombe have drawn at home to the Vale and Morecambe so not like they’re some unstoppable juggernaut at present against two teams battling relegation in league 1. I also assume Ainsworth will play a few fringe players.

Wouldn’t shock me if this is a 1-1. Do replays still happen or is this decided on the day/

In this round yeah.

1 Like

Yes, and this would be a great result for the club. Bring them back to our place another payday and surely a good chance game would be on TV with the chance of an upset.

Oh how we have fallen.
Giant killing …Wycombe wanders , higher division etc etc
Really sad state of affairs our club are in and have been for a good too many years now .

8 Likes

Wycombe were playing in the championship 18 months ago!

In years to come on here Newcastle, Man U, Leicester, Wycombe…

2 Likes

Newcastle and Man U mostly due to stories of my Dad about those matches, Leicester … what a goal by Alun Evans, for some reason Leicester wearing a ridiculous strip with frills round the shoulders sticks in my memory. Would have to go a long way to beat the Watford 4-4. Unlikely Wycombe will threaten the position of the Watford match in list of all time classics, but you never know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Don’t forget Walsall 8-4 Torquay (aet).

2 Likes

Alan Hansen “There aren’t enough red circles on the planet to comment on the defending in that match” (or words to that effect) :rofl:

1 Like

Was 7-3 PNE match in the cup?

1 Like

It was indeed - 1st round in 1985.

1 Like

Think Chris Nicholl’s quote was along the lines of “I’ve told the players I hope it was painful playing in that because it was certainly painful watching it” :rofl:

2 Likes

Also 7-0 away at Macclesfield.

3 Likes