W 3-1 vs Doncaster Rovers (H) - League Two - Sat 2nd March, 3pm

I know I get accused of been a happy clapper but 51points ……. I think we might just stay up

8 Likes

A tough game this one as Donny have improved of late, but we MUST keep the run going as I expect a bigger crowd a with a few fair weather “glory hunters” who will only return again if they see a home victory… we need every single voice behind the team so all are welcome but stick with the lads through the 90 as proven last night it can carry them over the line in the face of a tough challenge … #fiveonthebounce

2 Likes

Yeah, can’t imagine a more inspiring motivation for the players.

Doesn’t sound like you feel they are that welcome to me.

Nothing against you, I don’t know you and it is probably a knock on effect of other things I have heard and read recently, I just don’t like these kind of posts.

I mean how many glory hunters chose to follow Walsall. You can follow Real Madrid from your living room these days if it floats your boat.

If we want to grow as a club, then we need as many as possible coming through the gates.

14 Likes

Yes everybody welcome at the Poundland Stadium.

2 Likes

Love Normandy where abouts are you staying?

Well, not everyone. Dingles can keep out thanks.

5 Likes

That reminded me of a memory. When we played Stoke at Bescot in the playoffs.

There was myself, my Dad and a few other lads that used to go with us. A few Wolves “fans” who drank in my Dad’s local in Pelsall were standing by us. Started off all friendly with them being all complimentary about Walsall. Ended up with them storming off saying “I hope you lose” :rofl: Some things just don’t go together.

2 Likes

There’s lots of rain forecast between now and Saturday…

Glory Hunters, fans who for whatever reason cant attend every game, or potential fans that may end up attending games. Good job your not responsible for the growth of the fan base.

3 Likes

They are sensitive souls.

1 Like

What’s wrong with that? I’ve supported the club for well over 50yrs, I’ve spent thousands and thousands over the years. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve left work early to go and watch Walsall at a midweek away game at Brentford or Tranmere etc.I don’t attend as much as I used to,but that’s my prerogative, if it weren’t for me and people like me there would be no “glory hunters” to boost the crowd and it would stay at 4,500 for ever. I am going on Saturday to watch the Doncaster game, because that’s what I choose to do.

14 Likes

But will you only return if we win @SidSwifty :wink:

Lets get as many down here saturday, regular attendees or not, bring a friend, bring your wife, bring someone else’s wife, get the place rocking. Bescot felt how it used to last night, lets give it Doncaster on Saturday UTS

7 Likes

There’s nothing to say that I will return Andy,it might be a one-off. I was offered the chance to go to the FGR game,my family are all going, but I said no. I’ll be honest I’m looking forward to our pre-match activities (starting with breakfast at Wetherspoons at 10:30am) as I am with the match. So who knows, if we have another Newport I might not bother again for a while.

2 Likes

The Bescot is always a difficult place to go.

2 Likes

Villedieu-les-Poêles-Rouffigny

I have to miss this due to a prior commitment so I expect it will be a great game and a memorable win just to rub it in!

2 Likes

Going for a 2-1 win UTS

7,000 + in attendance for Saturday’s game