W 3-1 vs Mansfield Town (H) - League Two - Sat 11th Sept, 3pm

I’ve left it 2 days now without a little bit of negativity but I’ve always thought since the final whistle that as well as we played we really need to stop crosses coming in it’s done us over already this season like the cross from the right against Scunthorpe that should’ve been cut out that cost us 3 points so while I’m over the moon with the performance we do let far too many crosses in without rushworth tipping over it could have been a different game.

Central News is shocking when it comes to our highlights absolute joke they are.

1 Like

I thought the same, a brief after thought after Stoke, Port Vale and Cheltenham games and we are 5 miles from Birmingham

Yet they play coventry and burton? :flushed:

Up front? Since when has that been his best position? Hes an attacking mid. And an absolute passenger beyond the occasional half decent bit of skill.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I did not say up front: I said in an attacking role - which is what you said too.

We can differ about his contribution. I am aware of his limitations but he can and has made creative contributions going forward and tracks back faster than almost anyone else we have. To call him a passenger is absurd. Wes, now, had his passenger days.

I mean, you literally said it :man_shrugging:t2::joy:

1 Like

We should have shipped Osadebe out on loan.

FTFY.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: he can take his mess with him!

Yes you did

:joy: if you say so. Got left for dead for Scunthorpe’s goal trotting around the pitch but ok.

To be honest, I’m not sure I blame Osedebe. He doesn’t stop the cross but he tracks his man all the way.

Make your mind up.

He’s not at fault for the goal, but for our quickest player in the squad he still gets beaten for pace? If you’d included the context of what I’d said I was explaining why other players were MORE culpable because even with Osedebe getting done for pace then not stopping the cross Mills should have made an easy clearance, not trapped the ball for their striker :+1:

In any game people do good and bad things. In Osadebe’s case, I feel people focus only on his errors and not on what he does well. He did fail to block the cross against Scunthorpe but a feature of our play this year has been that we fail to block crosses.

He is a limited player - this is League 2 - and should never be a holding midfielder, but he can run, works hard, can beat a man and has a powerful shot. He’s a long way from being a passenger. With our current set of fit players, I would have him in instead of Phillips but it is a matter of debate.

Since when? His goal and assist return for his position is abysmal

1 Like

Will happen if you make that many.

So? I don’t even blame him for the goal, but does that make it ok then?

Walking around and popping off the odd good shot every few games makes you a passenger. 3 goals and 3 assists in 48 games (I’m not a massive fan of Phillips from what I have seen but already got 1 goal and 1 assist in 8) for an attacking midfielder is woeful and I’m still waiting to hear why he’s actually better off up front.

By up front, I mean as an attacking midfielder. He only really started to play well towards the end of last season and did a number of good things that did not directly lead to goals - frankly, we were barely scoring anyway. But my point is not to make him out to be our best player, merely that he seems to be a scapegoat when lots of other players are certainly no better.

You say he is “walking around” but that is not the player I see. He covers a lot of ground and, when the opposition break, he is usually the one who gets back first.

No point in arguing about it. Let’s see how he plays this evening.

We are a little light on numbers to be shipping Osadebe on loan don’t you think?

No he’s rubbish, replace him.

2 Likes

That’s pretty misleading. They literally mean different things. And to say he hasn’t been given a chance there is incredibly misleading. I think he’s played one game at centre mid, the rest have all been in attacking midfield, normally central in Holden’s absence and sometimes even with him there …

1 Like