W 3-1 vs Mansfield Town (H) - League Two - Sat 11th Sept, 3pm

My one big problem with Osadebe is that he gives away possession to easily. There were a couple of occasions after he came on as sub on Saturday when we were in good positions and the ball came to him and he tried a fancy backheel flick and lost the ball. He had the opportunity just play a simple 10 yard pass back to one of our players but he chose the fancy pass that was never on.

I find Osadebe very frustrating because there is no doubt that he has a huge amount of skill but he just some how doesn’t know how to use it. I think his record at previous clubs demonstrates that a bit.

:rofl: fair enough I just think he comes in handy for games like this one tonight rest the better ones and play him.

Omen made useable

Ha ha only my opinion mate, I watched him Saturday when he came on and I have no idea what he offers to the team.

1 Like

Not a fan of osadabe yes only on for short time on the pitch but twice failed to link up play, lost the ball constantly. I though kernan played best game as a number 10. As a winger he not good beat at beating his man often and crossing is poor.

2 Likes

I think we need Shade up against Norman on saturday Norman is cack at defending and would struggle more with his size and athleticism i think Kiernan is decent enough though.

I love a good osadebe debate as I think 99% off fans agree he is terrible and you get that one guy who somehow sees ‘ potential’ in him.
Look at his record for us and for other teams, when he comes on we usually get worse and lose more possession,
scored one good goal vs tranmere and some believe he has a powerful shot and is a danger from range! Jarvis, Chris palmer etc had one screamer in them. Doesn’t change the fact they were atrocious
He will be gone end of season anyway earing has replaced him and he is so much better than oss and younger

1 Like

One positive on Osadebe from last night is his balls in from set pieces were much better caused havoc with the ball in from the corner which led to the goal and free kicks were in the mix too yes he’s frustrating and most probably cack but have to say his balls in have improved at least

Norman has been playing wingback/right mid for Newport. They play 3 centre halves (and James Clarke has been on the bench even then).

1 Like