Wages!

£2,400 a week for Guthrie if you do read this pal at least try and lose weight and try and give this football club something in return that’s an absolute joke we could get 2-3 players who are at least fit for that much.And if I was Adebayo I’d be asking for a pay rise.

2 Likes

I think this is a load of ■■■■■■■■.
The way Clarke works is no one gets to know anything.

2 Likes

I think if it’s anywhere close to being true we are wasting a heck of a lot of money.

1 Like

This budget is about average for this league , people should not get missled by Premier wages , this is football where clubs in the main pay what they can afford , with no massive benefactor and TV monies.
Our problem is the lopsided way it’s distributed throughout the squad , definitely not getting value for money .

Salford’s is a barrel of laughs :rofl:
Cookey on 4 and a half bags at Mansfield

They don’t even know who plays in League 2, Swindon, Northampton and Crewe are listed as being in our division. :rofl: :crazy_face: :rofl:

1 Like

I find those salaries very hard to believe. Certainly from what I know of Guthrie’s situation.

I know the basic salary of two of the current squad. In both cases the figures quoted above are exactly 23% higher than their actual salary. Which in itself is one hell of a coincidence!

I’m not going to tell you how I know so don’t bother asking! :joy:

Because you ARE one of the players? :laughing: :wink:

1 Like

Ask him if he can give exactly 23% more effort and maybe venture out the centre circle a bit more during games if you know him personally thanks :+1:t2:

Hard to believe some of those numbers. Would Holden really have signed for that?

I think there’s a bit of undue criticism of James Clarke. I think he’s done reasonably well for us generally. Sadler’s on the coaching staff so a bit of a BOGOF. Sinclair, Guthrie and Lavery should be contributing more though.

1 Like

I agree on that but those figures must be pure fiction, surely!!! The total wage bill may be right but I cannot believe we are paying Guthrie that much.

You are correct
Add another 23% on top :laughing: :wink:

1 Like

So if this website is to be believed, which I’m very sceptical of, we’re paying Danny Guthrie £124,800 a year to essentially play maybe an hour of possibly 60% of games and spend the rest of the time convalescing.

Interestingly, this is considerably more than any of the current top 5 scorers in the division earn at their respective clubs. Our overall wage bill is also allegedly around £100,000 more than that of Accrington Stanley, who currently sit 2 points off the League One play off places.

Lovely stuff.

According to TransferMarkt he’s started 32% of games this season and played 38% of available minutes. Money well spent.

According to scooby. org he’s been ■■■■ 100% of the time.

2 Likes

But why sceptical? Probably when we add some clauses there will be similar values.

That low? Wow. That’s even worse than I thought.

I’m skeptical too, but there’s no way Guthrie isn’t our best paid player. Biggest reputation, brand new deal he held out for, all “the general” marketing ■■■■■■■■. I can’t think of another player that would realistically be on more than him.

As for the article itself, it lists Scrimshaw at £810. A player the club, press and Bournemouth revealed to be a free loan deal …

3 Likes