Waiting game

Precisely.

As has been said many times before, clubs higher up the pyramid will not release their youngsters until they have the players in place that they are looking for. This is why thereā€™s always a rush right at the last minute. Premiership clubs get their new signings late on because agents are always looking to see if they can get a better deal and players then cascade down the pyramid to get playing time.

2 Likes

I think youā€™re misunderstanding me. I donā€™t doubt that the extra money would make for better signings. What Iā€™m saying is that DK would still be having to act tough with agents ,whatever the budget. Iā€™m not denying the problem, just saying this isnā€™t necessarily the problem at work.

I agree with youā€¦DK has made it clear that funds are available but at the moment the market is a little mad. It always is in January. I would prefer not to make any signings in this window however we do need some help and I would try and get a defensive midfielder plus another striker at least.

Even if the right player at the right price became available?

Weā€™ve signed two players in the first couple of days of January. Fitz is staying.

People want more? :question::grey_question:

1 Like

Please never work in public relations.

3 Likes

Keates could do a lot with Ā£1,232 extra a day. Plus some of the transfer fees received.

Bonser has always been and always will be the problem.

1 Like

Was he the problem in the Graydon and Lee years? I think not . It is time for a change as I have posted before but exaggerating the case against will be counter productive. The case for change is clear we need new thinking ,a different culture and more transparency. Leadership of any organisation requires changes at the top every few years. Jeff has been here too long to provide that and the big question for us (the fans) is how best to bring that change about. I donā€™t think you will achieve anything by hurling personal abuse about and calling his integrity into question.
Personally I would like to see the Trust take a leading role whatever happens as they are a legal entity with some standing although I acknowledge they have their critics too.Maybe we should consider trying to get a fan on the board as part of any campaignā€¦ This would overcome the biggest problem we face at the moment which is a complete lack of knowledge about the actual position of JB and the board on the various key questions that face our Club.

*17 years ago and counting