Walsall Fan appreciation post

Think i’ve been to most games this season home and away and only go away to meet mates, cos the football ain’t the best and the team ain’t the best AGAIN, but ya want to have something to cling onto and when ya turn up and see the team sheet ya think why should i bother, Bristol Rovers will be my last away game cos if the club can’t be arsed why should I

2 Likes

the big problem is that or club get no share of the ticket money when we play away.

1 Like

They do, if you buy from our ticket office. Not much, something like 5-10%.

They used to anyway, unless that’s changed.

it’s 5% when the ticket is bought through our ticket office. The club recieve nothing from pay on the day .
from the EFL regulations:

34.3.3 For League Matches only, the Away Club shall be entitled to a commission representing 5 (five) per cent of the aggregate sales (exclusive of VAT) of tickets sold on behalf of the Home Club, unless otherwise agreed between the Clubs. The Away Club shall submit a VAT invoice, in respect of the commission due, to the Home Club within five working days of the date of the match taking place.

So if we sell 1000 tickets through our ticket office at £20 each then our club gets £1000 out of ticket sales of £20,000.

Yes.it’s the downside of a good away following: we fund their team.

1 Like

Guessing that’s why most pay on the day is cash only, it goes into a big black hole.

It used to be that 15% of the entire gate went to the away team. I’m not sure whether Season Tickets were included in any way. Did it stop in the 80s? Maybe about 1983, although I could be way out with that.
Anyhow, it was always good for us, plodding along on gates of 4,000 or so, and then getting the chance to play in front of much bigger crowds at Villa, Pompey, Sheff U or Palace when they came down to the lower divisions. And even at a higher level, little old Southampton or QPR going to Anfield and OT and getting a share.

I actually think with our central location, we probably do a lot better than most when it comes to away numbers.

I know fans from the likes of Plymouth and Brizzle Rovers like being in a division with us because they see it as a local game. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like