Walsall Fans Walk for Acorns - 25th-26th September 2021

A group of four football fans, three of whom are Saddlers fans, are walking from Acorns in Walsall, back to Acorns in Walsall via Acorns Worcester and Acorns Selly Oak.

Myself, @SaddlerSteve and @TheBostedSlab (the three WFC fans) will be joined by Lewis (a Liverpool fan) for the approx. 66 mile (~ 100km) walk set to depart at 7:30pm on Saturday 25th September taking us through the night and following day, with a predicted finish time late on Sunday 26th September.

For the challenge, we will be working with a 30-hour time period to complete, with the clock running continuosly from the second we set off.

As a final push for any pre-walk donations and for anyone who wishes to donate throughout the walk or upon completion of it, we have three more prizes to give:

1. A signed pair of Milan Lalkovic football boots
  2. A £50 food voucher for Ye Olde Toll House, Wolverhampton
  3. A family ticket, worth £57.00, for Cadbury World (2 adults, 2 children)

Anybody that donates from now until 23:59 on 30/09/2021 will have their name added to a list which will be randomly drawn from online on 01/10/2021, in the order of prizes above. Any donation amount qualifies you, and you need to leave a name on the donation to be entered.

On behalf of the four of us, we appreciate all of your support up to this point and it does mean a lot, even more so for Acorns and those that do require their help.

5 Likes

Donated

1 Like

There is also a copy of the Walsall FC Match of My Life book signed by Adam Chambers.

Excellent initiative. Reminds me of our walk to Vale with @BromsgroveSaddler and a few others a few years ago in memory of a die hard Saddler Julie Skidmore (was Dale), a wonderful lady who I knew from when I was a kid. We raised a fair few grand for cancer charity and was the only positive memory I have of Vale fans, to be fair they were very generous in donations when we finally reached Vale Park. The power of football fans is awesome

2 Likes

Done :+1:

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

Thanks @New-Jersey-Exile, @Cats, @belgian_saddler, @DonningtonSaddler and @SirKennethArthurDodd :clap:t3:

2 Likes

Done.

1 Like

Just three weeks until we get this walk underway :flushed:

1 Like

Done - good luck Guys. UTS!

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

done - good luck

2 Likes

Thanks @hullsaddler.

Ok the final stretch hopefully this time in 3 weeks!

2 Likes

I will be contributing, but I need to see the footwear which will be worn in order to decide how much.

1 Like

At the minute, some grey Nike running trainers, and maybe my Royal Mail walking shoes (with Pirelli rubber soles) :flushed:

Was hoping for deep sea divers boots Rob. Bright blue ones.

Haha I’ll bear those in mind for a future event

. Personally I think you might as well go the whole hog.

3 Likes

He’s walking for charity, not auditioning for the West End run of Mr Benn - The Musical.