Walsall FC - A Broken Club

We’ve had Kieron Morris’ mom, now we’ve got Danny Coogan’s :smile:

2 Likes

Just keep seeing more stuff from youth players parents which makes you understand why Llera and youth coaches end up leaving. No smoke without fire, but everything is perfectly fine in Pomlett land and our DoF is bloody brilliant because he works hard, he said the same about Dutton.
Let’s start looking for staff who work well.

9 Likes

There are always at least 2 sides to every story.

Was Liera (and his charges) frustrated because no matter how good he made them they were never allowed to step up to the first team because of JF so what was the point?

Or was his output just not good enough and even the best he could produce were below the minimum standard JF (and the rest of the club) would accept?

Or has the funding and facilities he was asked to work with (by LP) so below par that we couldn’t attract any decent prospects into the academy to start with so he was onto a hiding before he even began?

I have to add that I’m disappointed that Leak has managed to get games only recently (and because MT had no other options left) as he looked decent at the end of last season. And also that Bates has become the forgotten man - as to an extent has Perry. If they don’t get a look in, what can the 1st year seniors expect?

2 Likes

Completely agree. The kind of aspiration you set out is to be a bit like Rotherham.

Having Rotherham as our role model says a lot. Their journey from where they were to where they are is also very interesting.

5 Likes

You could argue 6 defeats on the bounce in division four is worse than 15 on the bounce in division two!

Also agree with Blazing and PT. Rotherham’s recent situation should be the aspiration and it was a situation we may well have been in if we’d got over the line in 2016. Unfortunately, we’re a million miles away from that now.

2 Likes

I think that both Bates and Perry would have benefitted from being loaned out in January, since neither seems to have any chance of appearing for the first team (and reserve appearances have been almost non-existent). Unfortunately our squad is so weak that they are required to fill two seats on our bench every week, just because there really is no one else. I think they’re entitled to feel very hard done by.

1 Like

Question has to be asked why have Bates and Perry gone backwards when both looked very promising in the 1st team. It must be either down to them and a dodgy attitude or down to coaching or the way the club operate on the football side. It appears that one of us has a better chance of getting a first team call up than either of them.

1 Like

Been saying the same for a few years. Matching what Rotherham have become is a realistic goal for us, but it would take both money and ambition, and we don’t have either.

Found it interesting that Pomlett was so dismissive of the idea of a new ground in his last video. I guess that’s because the club’s so tied up with the hospitality venue, advertising board etc. Not to mention the pension fund…

1 Like

Don’t think that’s fair. Morris mom was whinging about her ickle baby not getting to play enough football with the other boys. I think being concerned your teenage son is being messed around like that is a bit fairer. These lads need to have a job, they’re not earning much more, and sometimes less, than the people sat in the stands.

Couple of posts on that thread about the academy and the DOF, deffinatley seems to be an issue with him behind the scenes

Bescot is hosting an u19 international in late March

Very embarrassing for the club if there was any form of protest / highlighting of the issues fans experience - paddling through piss in the concourse etc

7 Likes

I wonder where we would stand if all those that left their season ticket money in the Club turned round now and said that they want their money back because we feel betrayed by the way the Board has failed to move the club forward? Not sure how it would stand legally? I appreciate that there was the ifollow passes as part of the compensation and the shirt but then the club still gained form the balance they kept?

Whilst I agree that history tells a story, if we can’t/ won’t/ don’t want aspire to improve and compete at the best level possible then the club will eventually wither away and die.
In the 21st century you have to offer more than a half arsed attempt to win the odd football game once or twice a week for 9 months a year.
Have said before that support has to be earned, this current regime does not appear to be bothered to care or try to move forward.
LP keeps banging on about proposed investors but claims they need to be the right people, but if he does not have the funds to do what needs to be done then he needs to source additional investment or sell. There is very little option if we are to avoid disappearing altogether. Which very sadly looks more and more likely as each year passes.

It’s like this was extracted from my own brain, right down to the year you started going. Bravo for summing it up so perfectly @RobHarv3y, at least from my perspective.

I’ve never in all these years been more frustrated with this club. Not just fed up with being sh*t on the pitch but with the whole rotten mentality of the place and the stubbornness of the closed shop boys club board, untouchable and unaccountable.

It’s irritated me to the point where I just can’t be bothered to waste my energy. The family and friends who were the link for me are either unable to go anymore or just plain don’t want to. So what’s the point?

5 Likes

I’m at the point that when my husband (Wolves season ticket holder) started asking me about how we had played, what’s going wrong etc, I literally said I didn’t want to talk about it. I just couldn’t bring myself to have the conversation at all as I am so angry about the state of this club.

1 Like

Found a club worse than us- West Ham

I could never forgive Walsall if we played a player like that scumbag.

We had a player banned for 7 games after making homophobic comments. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

1 Like

Atleast he is as banned for 7 games. Zoumas got off Scot free and I’d argue what his done is worse

So animal cruelty is bad but homophobia isn’t too bad in comparison?

I’d argue they’re exactly the same. Abhorrent.

1 Like

There both awful I’ve posted a lot on my thoughts on monthe. He’d have never played again for me.
We all agree homophobia is bad but animal abuse is often overlooked by many