Walsall Football Club - So Many Issues

Not disagreeing that there should be other representation from the club, either Mole or Gamble with occasional pop ups from Pomlett.

But as the SLO is on the board now they could point this out if the issue is someone representing the board.

As for what hat, it’s the same one isn’t it? He’s only on the board because of his SLO position. They aren’t separate.

But as I say, I think 1 of the “big 3” should be there anyway as the SLO has no real say over anything other than running messages between fans/fans groups and the club/board.

1 Like

Surely fire doors should never be locked with people in the stadium.

4 Likes

What is the benefit of locking them anyway? Keep the heat in?

My belief too however the club say different, ISSA kindly brought this up on my behalf and was told the club is in order.

I used them earlier in the season when we came from the kids zone. I don’t bother with either set of turnstyles now, I just go in through the suite underneath the stand.

There’s a response in there regarding locked fire doors, essentially terrorism related and will open on activation of fire alarm. I also assume sort some of manual override is present.

It is often the only way to stop people leaving at half time

2 Likes

It’s no laughing matter because it’s serious, however I find it funny that supporters have been getting out of the ground by going through turnstiles the wrong way, whereas I have been trying unsuccessfully for weeks to get into the ground through my turnstiles the right way!

2 Likes

No chance of getting any of the “big 5”, ie the two Bonsers, Whalley, Gilman or Bond.
They can’t no even be arsed sending one of the “little 3” in on their apologetic behalf.

1 Like

I was lucky enough to play at the Bezla last night for a work event (scored an absolute worldie and a last min penalty, sign me up yeah?) and we had full access to the dressing rooms etc which was interesting…
On the walls from dressing room to pitch are some really nice graphics with stylised pics of former/current legends and academy grads like Kins, Grigg, Dann and… Stuart Sinclair!? His pic was massive too, obviously done sometime last season but it just struck me as odd that it was still up when he’s 100% not a legend other than for having a massive beard - it’s a shame the club doesn’t update this more often. Not something fans see obviously, but just an odd observation!

On a more positive note, the pitch is absolutely immaculate, hands down the best pitch I’ve played on (including the Hawthorns), it’s a shame most of the time in our games the ball is in the air and not on the bowling green-esque surface.

And did I mention that I scored?

7 Likes

You scored :clap: - but you don’t happen to mention if you won. Genuinely interested.

Oh god no :joy: It was a tournament thing, we won 2 out of 3 games. Good fun though!

2 out of 3 - that sounds decent to anyone watching Walsall this season :smile:

Goals at the Poundland Stadium in 2022:

@danmay : 2

Devante Rodney : 0

2 Likes

He said he scored 2

1 Like

and then his alarm clock went off just before completing his hat trick

2 Likes

I did legitimately score a hattrick in the last game with a penalty as the last kick, no lie :joy:

4 goals in one night, put me in, coach

1 Like

That’ll probably be the same in 2023 too.

1 Like

He said he scored 4

1 Like

Callum played too and said it was a great experience, assume you are a homeserve employee or colleague?

1 Like