Walsall Football Club - So Many Issues

Me and @RedandWhite the other Saturday as we walked towards the ground mentioned about the humongous advertisement board that’s situated in possibly one of the best spots in the country for traffic volume passing it at slow speeds if not stood still no one else has that in this league if not the whole of the divisions.

It piques in particular when the advice on it is to turn 180° and go to Villa Park instead.

Still, at least it pays for top 10 budget players like Zak Mills.

2 Likes

We were told that the income from that covers the rent. I can believe that.

1 Like

Some clubs give running totals of season ticket sales. Our “commercially sensitive” party line is such a cop out answer to everything and anything they are asked. I’d guess they don’t want to give a number because it will then be expected every year and won’t look good on them when the sales go down.

2 Likes

The ‘commercially sensitive’ line is one so they don’t have to reveal any numbers whatsoever so they can do whatever they need to do to show a profit at the end of the year and give themselves a pat on the back and look great to the outside world whilst the footballing side continues to suffer.

3 Likes

I reckon the ST sales are not quite as impressive as Mr Pomlette made out in his video. Its a dumb reverse psychology marketing tactic that never works.

1 Like

It is a cop out answer, but I bet if they were down they’d soon be telling us that’s a reason for the playing budget to be lower than last season.

1 Like

Welcome to the Poundland Stadium, twinned with Pyongyang.

4 Likes

I was told that’s the sound that the elastic band makes on his army tanks.

1 Like

Do you know my mates son Scott Mosedale?

1 Like

I do. Was dead skinny, and then turned into a massive meat head with a pea head. Not seen him for years, nice lad though.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: what a way to describe someone hahaha

6 Likes

He confirmed that 2500 has been sold on the video with WFTV. That was early bird too with more being sold after.

1 Like

So Rob, how come your career in the Diplomatic Service never took off?

1 Like

I think your job as a judge on Britain’s Next Model is in jeopardy.

1 Like

You make him sound like a character out of beetlejuice :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

You know what I mean. He built his body so big that his head looked really small.

1 Like

Beats me :man_shrugging:t2:

Yeah, good lad! Rob is less diplomatic than me, but I can confirm that he did indeed :joy:

2 Likes

They can’t even organise there own staff football match properly