Walsall Football Club Supporters Working Party Meeting

@Dhforever Please try and find a way to move on form here so both yourself and the Supporters Trust are able to attend the working group, work together and hopefully affect positive change. A clear the air meeting between the two organisation, perhaps ISSA should express a statement of regret regarding the saga and a willingness to cooperate and work together. Reform from within. Evolution not revolution and all that.

2 Likes

Statement

Here’s the statement for anyone that doesn’t have Twitter.

1 Like

Was at meetings you enquire about on many occasions exile in my dsa role
Again Bob was not attacked just a question asked, which he couldn at that time answer, but bear in mind as said it is one that has been asked at every meeting, and was never answered
Again you are barking up wrong tree and are not in full posistion to know the facts of what went on,
Ask Bob if he felt attacked, and I’m sure you would be suprised to hear he wasant, unlike yourself I have respect for my fellow fans. And would not do such a thing,
The meetings are supposed to be for honest open debate, but it apears some are not capable of it,
Read back through your posts on here where you have tried yourself to put trust in a bad light, yet know you want to wrap it up and cuddle it, because it has been subjected to constructive criticism,
They are big boys exile I’m sure they don’t need your comforting words
Strange don’t you think that the only ones who found so called bad behaviour, are the trust, other groups involved and club officials saw no reason to question what was raised

Yep, we had built momentum and got the Cyprus/yellow campaign going - and they released a press statement saying to bring your old Walsall shirt to the game.

Ridiculous. So yeah, I was pretty ■■■■■■ off about that.

If that isn’t actively sabotaging a protest - then I don’t know what is.

1 Like

Should be fixed now, mate.

1 Like

Why don’t you organise one? You never know unless you try.

Hi Greg
Issa have no problem attending working party meetings with the trust
We have tried unsuccessfully to have a clear the air meeting, with trust officials,but again have been met with what we can only describe as an unwillingness from trust to move forward

Issa believe it is essential for working party meetings to continue, for the good of the clubs fanbase
I will categorically state that’d Bob Thomas did not come under attack, as trusts own statement, bears this out and there is no mention of any such thing happening , only in a comment by exile in this thread, who is in no posidtion to make such allegation,s seeing he was not present at said meeting

Issa have publicly stated that the trust contains some hard working people, , but do feel that they are using this incident,as a way to try and deflect the criticism they where coming under from fans, as a whole and have used this issue as a smokescreen

Issa do not want to take the place of trust or any other fan body, and believe that each group can individualy bring something to the table, But as said. How can we communicate with a body whose preferred method of comunication is silence, this is not an isolated incident, and again Issa will have no problem attending any open meeting, where a full frank exchange of views can be aired Debated and put to bed, in order for the far more serious issues, to be dealt with I relation to what we have all witnessed and have genuine concerns. About in relation to our club

1 Like

You know I am fully supportive of the aims and objectives of ISSA and am grateful for all of its hard work. Something is going to have to give and I believe ISSA may have to be the metaphorical bigger man to break the impasse between the two organisations.

Another e mail was recently sent in relation to a meeting being arranged, What we got back was dates that two trust representives could not attend, No date or indication that as a group they where willing to participate, in said meeting
Only Neil Ravenscroft and Trevor Reece, had the courtesy to respond, and they have my upmost respect in doing so Howether the main protagonists in all this seem to want to quietly walk away from it, after being instrumental in going out of there way to cause issues Greg, as I say this is not the first incident that has ocoured ,

If no response is recieved in relation to the offer of clear the air talk,s then I don’t see what more Issa can do, And it will have to be st the discretion of Walsall football club to decide the way forward, I sincerely hope it does not come to this as like I say the only ones to suffer then would be our fan base
And I will not be party to anything That is detrimental to my fellow fan

1 Like

Perhaps it would be worth meeting with these two chaps in order to determine what next steps Steve Davies esquire seems appropriate.

1 Like

Tried that route on many ocassions, but. more than willing to find a soloution maybe all groups involved with club should have a pre get together a week ahead of wpms , to discuss whatever issues there members have brought to there attention and come to a mutual agreement , of what dhould be brought to table on the day, maybe monthly meetings should be ajourned and held on a quarterly bassis. That way important issues would have had time for club to be seen acting on them, and if not
Club can be held accountable, Only ideas but think ones worthy of all groups who attend wpms to give some thought to

The Trust suffers from the same perception that the Club suffers. It seems questions are asked then they get defensive and close shop.

Although the way in which it was raised was not the best the membership question is still relevant. Basically the Trust only has its place at the WPMS due to it fulfilling certain criteria. I’m assuming the membership part of that is to show that it represents a good amount of the fan base. If it’s true they only have 50 odd members and they only act on behalf of their members that sounds a little worrying to me.

I agree with others that everyone needs their heads banging together and getting this sorted. The Club have already taken the opportunity to say they’re going to end the meetings unless there’s some agreement. For the sake of the fan base egos need to be set aside and everyone should be working together.

2 Likes

Firstly, I don’t see see that question in the minutes, and secondly, what gives ISSA the right to ask that question in that forum?

Rather than ask the big questions of the club, you’ve rounded on a Supporters organisation. Shameful. Absolutely shameful. I’m no fan of the Trust, and my posts will bear that out, but what you’ve done here has been thoroughly divisive when supporters need to stand together.

1 Like

There’s ten times as many members of UTS as there is both ISSA and the Trust. Frankly, I’d be ashamed if UTS threw its weight around in the manner ISSA has. I’m actually pleased to be part of an organisation that, loose as it is, has constantly queried everything and been a movement for all Walsall fans to have a voice, and especially pleased that the club recognises that - over a decade ago the club saw fit to denigrate us with Whalley calling this platform a loose collective run by Londoners (he was less charitable).

We all hang together, or we hang separately.

3 Likes

I thought we were a bunch of “fifth columnists led by anonymous luminaries such as swiftyboy and Zippyzip”? :thinking:

3 Likes

Sorry exile you must not be reading same minuites as everyone else then. It states in many previous minuites that club have requested trust to reveal there actual paid up membership numbers
This is going round in circles and please read other coments where I have offered trust a meeting to clear the air to no avail, The trust had issues reported to itself on many occasions regarding other issues and chose not to reply, or respond

What was declared was freely availible in the public domain so why all the cloak and dagger surounding what is a very valid question, Other bodies at wpms where tired of the same question being asked st each meeting and no answers furnished, when asked again at meeting in question , again they said we don’t have that information availible, so. Someone in meeting furnished the answer and that was that, no more time spent being wasted, and we could move on
There was no uproar, no one was attacked. And there was no in house squabbling, which may dissapointed some but sorry there was none

Question asked. Question answered end of, and I can assure you no one from Issa throws there weight aroud as you put it, we put all our questions in in writing in advance of meeting in order to not give club easy ride, but to ensure they have adequate time to answer the questions put forward by fan base

Again exile you have your oppinion and I respect it,
But you are trying to defend the undefendable in many fans eyes, maybe an open meeting is called for between all groups, that way fans can fully decide who’s version of events they choose to believe

The same reason that the trust had when they questioned wether Issa should be allowed to sit at wpms in the first place They where against it from the off despite us satisfying all the criteria club stated we needed to fulfill to take our seat st said meetings

1 Like

Quite a sad and disappointing thread.

It should be quite easy.

Back the team
Sack the regime

Nothing else really matters enough to get your boxer shorts in a twist. And if we can’t unify around that then we’ve got little hope.

10 Likes

Nigel Farage has over 2m Twitter followers doesn’t mean hes going to have that many that like him…

Membership numbers are pointless, as long as the money they receive is used correctly than thats all that matters in my opinion and considering the youth set up at WFC, the homeless and the children of the borough receive gifts from the Trust I would say the money is used correctly.

I mean its not like the club tell us in the minutes how many season tickets are sold…

1 Like

The point is that membership numbers give them their place at these meetings as a voice of fans. It’s not about how they spend the money… although that has also been questioned recently.

And it appears the Trust did the same in the opposite direction trying to question ISSAs place at the meetings due to membership numbers.

Like I said the Trust have a perception problem. They need to address it instead of throwing their toys out of the pram. It isn’t just a recent thing.
They should be addressing why another group has been set up and has attracted 4 times the members in a short time and why other groups are being set up in the first place.

The Club gets criticised for its communication and defensiveness but it’s hard for the Trust to address this when they have similar problems themselves.

This situation isn’t good for anyone so I’d hope those in charge at both the Trust and ISSA get it sorted.

2 Likes