Walsall’s Football shirt 22/23

Sorry about the weird text and typo.Had an early start today.

1 Like

An early start at work or on the beer? :grin: :wink:

Neither I 'm long retired. Early dental appointment for the other half.

1 Like

I’ve got a dental appointment today. It’s at 2.30. Really.

1 Like

I hope the dentist is swift. And when you have a glug of the mouthwash remember to spit not swallow.

1 Like

The good thing is that with Fylnn being appointed, coupled with the red/ green/ white, maybe JFs managed to convince MF that hes managing Wales.
hypnosis-hypnotic

Wished my wife would love a swallow :grimacing:

Is it always swift?

@mattycooper mentioned today that Walsall wore red shorts against Hartlepool and it made me think about how incremental gains can help to make a difference between two evenly matched teams at league two level.

I like the white third shirt this season and applaud the concept of adding supporter names.

However, the green away kit doesn’t work for me. Next season, I would like the club to try red shirt, white shorts, red socks (with green trim) with an away kit of white shirt, red shorts and white socks (green trim). That way, we can make subtle changes to the whole strip based on the opposition kit (like today).

As a third strip, I would prefer all yellow. Our 1988 strip had a similar design, if memory serves me correctly.

I quite like the white and green on the shoulders but would prefer it if it was a little more like the 1982 England admiral (but a bit thinner bands).
I also love a shadow stripe and that retro feel gives nods to our 1985 cup heroics with Mark Rees and company.

Whilst I hate the badge and the v-neck could do with modernising, the Villa Henson kit from the 1980s provides a basic template (where the claret and blue would be replaced with white and red (or green on the home strip).

Having seen that Dortmund are letting their supporters decide on a kit choice for next season, I thought I’d put my thoughts out there!

Incidentally, I’d also ask the players for their preference with collar choice. I imagine that Tomlin would prefer a v-neck to a round collar!

1 Like

I’d like to keep the green in the strip in some form as it is different to the usual red and white. I don’t like red, white and black. I don’t like how they have painted the walls around the pitch black. We have mixed messages with our kit colours and scarf colours being different to each other.

2 Likes

It’s a marketing problem. Yet another that starts at the top. There is no clear Walsall brand.

2 Likes

When I looked on the online store a few months back there were 3 different designed scarves all in red, white and black. Pretty strange as we’ve had green in our kit for 2 seasons now. There were about 70 off of each design in stock so I can see the powers that be not being keen getting a new one until they were sold as the club is generally tight with these things…. how long were the hi-viz bags on there? :crazy_face:

Saying that I’ve looked on there tonight and all the scarves are no longer there. Only thing in the scarf section is a snood for £12. And that’s black with the club badge on it. Seems to be 85 in stock too so I can see that being on there years!

When I emailed the club last season about scarves with green in, I was told they had no plans to get any which is another missed opportunity.

1 Like

We are lucky that they have just got rid of the last of these :grin:

3 Likes

Saw a picture of this kit the other day supposedly from the 08/09 season (season with Jabo, Stephen Hughes, Marco Reich)… I have no memory of this one though. Did we actually release or play in it or is it a fake that someone’s made?

I’m sure that Green one was wore in a charity game or something ? Something to do with the sponsors

Ghastly kits that first season back in league one under dickie dosh though

We go from a nice Nike kit with Banks’s as the sponsor, on the back of winning the league

To a conservatory sponsored tea towel made in the back streets of West Brom

The kits that season were White home, Blabk away, Yellow third

1 Like

Fcuk the green off.

I’m all for identity but green just isn’t us. We had a few seasons, end of 70s/early 80s where it was a thing but other than that it isn’t Walsall other than pleasing a few older fans.

Plus it looks wank.

3 Likes

We played in blue and yellow away that season. The kit being made out of completely different material than the tea-towel home one.

The Nike kits for the title-winning season were both brilliant. I have to admit I prefer us in red shirts and white shorts but that white away kit with red shorts that season was super sexy.

1 Like

Our colours are red and white no idea why black was ever implemented never liked it either think it was the 94/95 season when black first appeared