Walsall’s Foreign Legion

Hrevelto in his second spell with us (based on his first though, he might even be challenging for the best XI).

Pär Cederqvist

1 Like

John Roger Shankly Hynd has to be in the Scottish team alongside Forbes. Remember being in the enclosure at FP when an opposition right winger got away from our left back on the halfway line only to see Hynd tanking over and he virtually jumped the wall by us to avoid him.

Mathieu Manfat has to be in there

1 Like

We had Ronnie Ekelund for a short period too - how the hell did we manage to get the likes of them back in the day?!! :open_mouth: :smile:

With zigor at left back we wouldn’t have won nothing lol. I always remembered him miss kicking the ball against Ipswich at home and costing us lol always was a liability at the back. That game was first game of the season and we was seated in the away end cause the new stand was being built. During that time zigor was the weaklink in the team imo.

1 Like

Bit of a cheat including Romaine Sawyers - he’s a Brummie, born and bred! If you are bending the rules to include those who played for foreign countries despite being British, then you could include Martin O’Connor, born and bred in Walsall, but who represented the Cayman Islands.

2 Likes

Surprised Killer is yet to be mentioned.

4 Likes

Forgot Pollet played here.

Nearly wants me to start a thread of best 11 signed or loaned from W**ves. :joy: Was loads in late 90s/early 00.

Merging 2 topics, Coughy Dakinah?

1 Like

How about my Welsh selection:

Unknown trialist

Rhys Weston
Lee Beavers
Wayne Evans
James Wilson

Mark Bradley
Carl Robinson
Sean Geddes
Josh Gordon

Tyler Roberts
Tom Bradshaw

As you’re strughling for a keeper, apparently Carl Darlow is eligible to play for Wales but turned them down when asked.

Going back a few years, Roy John played in goal for us between the wars.

They usually play between the posts.

4 Likes

Take your point :laughing:

The rest of the team was that good around him he could of bluffed it :rofl:

What? No room for John ‘The Assassin’ Kaiser? I never forget him tackling a guy, going for a high ball and actually reaching up and kicking him in the throat.

1 Like

Like this one, some good players there. Wayne Thomas another Taff and the grandly named Caesar Jenkyns, who played around 1900.

Cheers mate. I can only go back to 1972, my first match at Fellows Park against Scunthorpe (1:1).

Trying to put together the Irish team.

Carl Robinson
Ludo Pollet
Keith Andrews
Conor Ronan
Conor Johnson
Will Randall
Aaron McCarey

Same on the Irish team and here is a stab. Have combined North and South, bit like the rugby team!
Kearns

Macken
Baird
O’Connell
Staunton

Dennehy
Kinsella M
Kinsella L
Sloan

Wilson
Kelly

A strong side with these subs: