Walsall sign FGR striker Matty Stevens

That’s really helpful on a football pitch.

2 Likes

He’s featured 3 times in the last week for Forest Green so he’s getting there.

Could just alternate him and Wilko tbh.

Clearly a very good goalscorer but massive concern is he joins the Walsall rehabilitation facility club for strikers with cruciate ligament injuries. We may not see the best of him till april

1 Like

Ready made partnership with Matt.

Plenty of potential for goals.

1 Like

Really not sure how I feel about stevens if true ?
Quality player but will take him rest of season to get fit then he will be off come the end of the season.

1 Like

I would say our season hinges on getting Wilko, Riley & Stevens Match fit.

3 Likes

Two years ago we lost Elijah Adebayo on deadline day and replaced him with Derick Osei Yaw.

Now we have Matt and Stevens who won Forest Green the title last season scoring 42 goals between them.

Flynn has been backed MASSIVELY and it’s absolutely brilliant to see us have abit of ambition for once.

14 Likes

DJ’s been ready goals from day 1, just coming back from injury worries me a bit if it is Stevens takes a while only have to see Wilko

3 Likes

Will surely be a permanent end of season given Wilko and Williams will be released so will free up wages.

I agree but it is going to take Stevens time to get up to speed.

Mate I get that but we will have 2 strikers recovering from ACL’s without a goal between them.

I’m on the fence with this

2 Likes

No ones arguing this isn’t a very very good player. But he’s not match fit. We’re u at Salford?. Same applies to Jamie Matt like others have said. He didn’t look at all fit

So yes backed but these are players recovering from career threatening injuries. That’s why they have been released

2 Likes

A baffling, desperate signing…unless its a longer term view with an option to buy in the summer?

Why on earth sign another unfit forward now, when we already have Wilkinson.

3 Likes

1 Like

We could sign Harry Kane but he’s no use if not fit

1 Like

Hope he is fit

Interesting signing. Suggests Trivela think they can sneak promotion this season and are going to give it a go.

1 Like

1 Like

Memories of when we signed Rodney …