Walsall sign FGR striker Matty Stevens

Was a great player last season but he’s a bit of a gamble not convinced he’s the answer hope I’m wrong

I just do not understand the reaction here of some fans. We have signed two players who were part of a League 2 winning team (scoring nearly 50 goals) and have showed more ambition as a club than in the last ten January windows combined. What more do you want?

9 Likes

Incoming
images (4)

Same. Best January window we have had in yonks.

5 Likes

People can whinge about DJ all they want, but at some point we needed an alternative. We’ve basically swapped DJ for Matt and Stevens. I think that’s a fair gamble to be honest.

16 Likes

No ones arguing. They are commenting on their injury records and match fitness

1 Like

It is interesting. Personally I would have built for promotion next season, but credit to the club for giving it a go. Rest of the season should be worth watching.

1 Like

Some one who’s fit to play to start with just have to look at CW who’s struggling at the moment after same injury

1 Like

It’s a huge gamble hopefully it pays off

Brilliant signing. Remember, it’s January. You don’t just get given clubs top scorers from last season, especially on deadline day so we’ve done well here regardless of the injury.

I’m shocked people are moaning, look at where we are now compared to previous deadline days. It just shows I think that in football there’s actually a large part of the fanbase you can never please.

14 Likes

Signing unfit players when you’re supposed to be pushing for promotion doesn’t do it for me.
Why would FGR let him go given their current situation?

4 Likes

Looks like DJ isnt coming, but credit to the club and Flynn for having other options and targets on the table. This could be a genius bit of business to get Matt and Stevens back together as a partnerahip, or if his fitnesa lets him down then it was a gamble that didnt work. Either way it shows that we are now in a brand new era and we are not looking to shop at Oxfam for bargains.

1 Like

They still think we have JW :joy: :wink:

Huge gamble. Matt and stevens both lack game time and have suffered extremely serious injuries. That’s why they have been released

1 Like

Add to that Matt who we can’t expect to hit the ground running backed up by Williams abs DJT who are miles off it

Some think it good, some think it bad…I say only time will tell :wink: and before you comment BELPHY I will pop to the stonemasons in the morning :grinning:

1 Like

Matt and Stevens or Osei Yaw I rest my case goodnight ladies and gentlemen.

5 Likes

So who is the other one tomorrow

I would rather have Stevens than not have him! DJ deal was dead in the water. If we get him up to speed quickly, then we have a player

2 Likes

I doubt there will be another tomorrow.I think Jenko was referring to Stevens.