Walsall town swifts

Those are the actua kits. Pictured mate and yes they will be availible to purchase shortly starting of in leauge two of West Midlands regional leauge

Iā€™m sure Old Leamore Saddler would be able to tell us all about the Swifts from a first-hand viewpointā€¦

Great. Can I put it on record that thereā€™s plenty of clubs in Walsall already, and I think this runs absolutely counter to ISSA, and should not be supported on their pages, or by their active management, voluntary or otherwise. Youā€™ve just diluted your brand, and given the club an opportunity to laugh at you when you want to get serious.

Example:

ISSA: Weā€™d really like it if the club wouldā€¦
Club: How about you do that at your starter club, then tell us about it?

4 Likes

Iā€™d imagine their biggest income stream would be that kit.
I bet itā€™s in stock as well.

Ha ha - beat me to it.

And donā€™t forget, the character of the hapless builder Mr Oā€™Reilly was played by David Kelly

Could I just make it clear that Walsall town swifts have no intention whatsoever of being a Phoenix club. In relation to wfc

Yes the kit and badge was designed. Along the old wfc lines. As a lot of people involved are Walsall fans and. Wanted to incorporate there love of wfc into this new team, and the design of the kit and use of the old style crest was the best way of doing this

This new team has in no way been set up. To try and. Get Walsall fans to. Abandon Walsall FC,
In fact we urge everyone to continue there support of Walsall FC , but if ever the opportunity arrises and there. Is no wfc game or you arenā€™t going to the wfc away games, go give theese lads a bit of support

The Issa connection is down to our aim of supporting grass roots football, and Walsall town swifts is one amongst many we will aim to support with financial donations, As we will also do with our own wfc ( infact we are currentley in talks with Walsall football club about a sponsorship deal being put in place in relation to one of the players )

So you see these wild conspiracy theories of a new club being set up. Along the lines of an afc Wimbledon are a million miles of the mark, and Issa will support it Alongside a whole host of other. Clubs at grass roots level , But not at the detriment of. Walsall FC

2 Likes

You say Walsall fans are involved in setting up Walsall Town Swifts but, apart from Wayne Thomas, is there anyone else we know.

Have Walsall FC been consulted about using the old club badge?

2 Likes

Merse and Wacker am running the bar.

2 Likes

Fuck.me. What is. The problem with. The full stops.?. They get. Everywhere.

They didnā€™t have to be they hold no copywrite over it, in fact is the old bourough coat of of arms crest, even though the club used it for a period of time there is no issues in relation to using it, Walsall fans have been reproducing that imadge on items of clothing for years.

Actually this is the borough coat of arms:

Perhaps you are right but Iā€™d be very careful as all logos, badges and names are very often a trademark with that club.

Walsall might not be as petty (who am I kidding) but Barcelona sued a Romanian club for using their club badge not that long ago.

As for the replication of image on kits I have not seen anyone other than WFC use the clubs crest on clothing?

Even if it was of massive significance to the club, it would probably take them multiple years just to pull their heads out of their backsides and get around to doing anything about it. I would suggest Town Swifts football club simply declare an intention to act and deploy the line ā€˜what more can we doā€™ as that seems to be sufficient fayre the other way around.

:upside_down_face:

Club have been made fully aware of. Walsall town swifts Matt, And have no issues. As of this point in time, As said. It is in no way a phoinex club or is trying to do anything detrimental to wfc
Just a bunch of guys who happen to be saddlers fans, forming and starting a new football team,
Who have used a take on the coat of arms of the town to be its. Badge, and. Have added elements of there favourite Walsall strips of the past in the design of the playing strips,

1 Like

GLoads of fans have a similar imadge to that one on coats , top,s etc mate Take a look round at away games especially you will see lots wearing Polo tops etc containing that badge, which are not avsilible in club shop. Lol

Should of explained better pal
It is a take of the old bourough coat of arms not a replica
Even so itā€™s a cracking badge and instantly recognisable by any Walsall fan ,

Bit similar to club using Black Country flag in neck of this years shirts I should imagine mate

I think itā€™s itā€™s great that the Town Swifts image has been arrived at so independently. Itā€™s even better that their first fundraiser involves such an independent character as Jimmy Walker, speaking at such an independent venue as the Railway Club, which is only incidentally the home of ISSA.

Itā€™s especially appealing that thereā€™s an auction of club memorabilia. Which club?

Good luck fundraising.

1 Like

My god! What a fuss over a new team being formed,good luck to Walsall town swifts.

p.s I always thought Walsall town swifts played in claret and blue.