Watch Out - There's A Clamper About!

Fish,
The answer is to compulsorily purchase the houses that have been built there since the stadium opened and demolish them so that the Belza can be turned through 180 degrees and extended to the 60,000 capacity stadium that we deserve.

We would be lucky to get 6000 to PBS, that would be considered a good crowd.
IF we ever had a stadium to accommodate 60,000 people we would never fill it with Walsall fans except on the few occasions like an FA Cup semi-final or a Champions League final.

1 Like

I donā€™t think he was being serious.

12 Likes

We have a parking pass for the green carpark and have been stuck so long, in a queue to get off that the players were leaving before us!

1 Like

Might be worth printing that off and putting it on the windscreen of a car. Iā€™m sure it wouldnā€™t be legal to clamp and tow someoneā€™s car off without a license to operate such a facility and numerous warning signs around. Just found this :
Donā€™t damage or clamp the vehicle or have it removed by a third party for destruction or storage without first seeking legal advice," the police spokesman added. "If you do any of these things, you may commit a criminal offence or the owner may pursue a civil action against you."14 Apr 2017

2 Likes

I didnā€™t realise it was illegal outside London. There was talk of changing the law to make it illegal a few months ago, but it didnā€™t seem to come to anything.

If those residents carry out their threat, they will be breaking the law. Wheel-clamping is illegal unless performed by authorised organisations such as the police.

2 Likes

I am suprised some of the factories along Brockhurst havenā€™t made there carparks available on a Saturday for a bob or two. Or stick a few army cadets in there to marshall it and raise money for charity. Thus relieving parking obstructions to the local denizens and making money for a good cause. Fā€™kin genius me.

2 Likes

Lecky used to do this but clearly didnā€™t make money

More like teachers couldnt be arsed to turn out on a Saturday to oversee it ! :wink:

What about the club employing stewards to take money on these carparks with money split between the school/factories and the club.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not illegal to park outside someones house as long as you arenā€™t over their driveway , dropped kerb or on the footpath .
Very surprised the E&S have done this article unless they are trying to stir up a bit of trouble .
It will be interesting to see if the E&S are going to follow this up with an article stating what these residents are threating to do is against the law , and it will be them that will be liable .

1 Like

Iā€™ve put a comment on there saying something similar.

2 Likes

It is illegal to clamp any vehicles. This has been the case for a number of years
If local residents clamp any cars they are breaking the law and will be fined

1 Like

As many have said, totally legal to park on any road where there arenā€™t restrictions so long as you donā€™t cause an obstruction and it will cost residents a huge amount of money in legal costs and penalties if they try to clamp. Whilst I sympathise with them a little unless they purchased before the stadium was built, the possibility of such issues should have been considered when purchasing their property.

Meanwhile if the club want you to use their car parks, suggest they put cameras and proper lighting on the green car park so when some moron prangs your car causing Ā£3k worth of damage and just drives off meaning there is no prospect for your insurance company making a recovery and so effecting what they will do for you in terms of loan cars over christmas costing you hundreds of pounds to rent one there is actually some reason to pay them the Ā£60 for a parking pass instead of parking on such roads.

Accepting that parking on the clubs car parks is still at your own risk, you need to get some value for your money and some benefit of using them otherwise why pay them the money. I have not renewed my parking pass for exactly the above, so Iā€™ve kept my Ā£60 thank you very much.

I emailed the SLO about better access from the other side of the green car park to family stand and also about improved lighting only to be told that the path wasnā€™t meant to be a path and that it would be closed. That is why there is a metal fence across it - sorry folks. Perhaps Trevela could fund a better carpark with lighting and access to the back of the family stand?

So, on an official club car park thereā€™s no separation of pedestrians and vehicles? Youā€™ve identified a problem. Exactly what the SLO is there to fix!

1 Like

I never parked in the retail park becuase i thought there was fines for overstay, ive been paying 60 odd quid to park and wait.

To get it right then, you can park on the retail?

Yesā€¦Have done for years

In my internet experience the retail park used to be great, then they started monitoring it and fining overstayers, and now itā€™s great again.

Assume either the landlord has changed or the tenant that moaned about it has moved or closed.

Make hay while the sun shines!

3 Likes

Cheers. Wont be paying 60 this year, thats for sure.