Wayne Hatswell appointed Assistant Head Coach

Think I’ve read somewhere that Flynns already addressed the fact we have a small squad or low on numbers or whatever it was I’ve read so hopefully we will get a few through the door in the summer mate.

1 Like

Well i would have made it a requisite when taking the job, i would have said to omelette
" Look mate, you have just ruined a young manager’s career before he has even started, you ain’t mekin me look a C^^t and ruining my reputation, give me a decent budget or i ain’t signing"

2 Likes

I doubt we would have got Flynn without certain promises being made. Hatswell as assistant was probably one of those. Having a competitive budget would be another I would hope.

Over to Jamie Fullarton in the summer. You can point the finger at Matt Taylor and the last two performances suggest there were problems there but we still spent most of the season with an unbalanced squad with holes in it. Must do better.

3 Likes

The loss of Hatswell is a big concern and loss, I thought he was Rowberry’s mate, he was greatly underrated in my view, but I hope his massive contribution to County will be fully recognised in the compensation Walsall will have to pay. However I suspect we will never be informed.
Newport fans opinion on him.

1 Like

It says they “reached an agreement” to release him whatever that entails, that could mean he’s just left without wanting any of his remaining contract paid up so mutual consent basically which means we’d have paid nowt.

2 Likes

Could of had a clause allowing him to link up again with Flynn when he got another job much like David Kelly did with Billy Davies but he gets called all sorts for doing it yet Newport fans wish Wayne well.

2 Likes

I think the difference is that Hatswell has left after making a big contribution over 4 years. Kelly left after 9 days.

9 Likes

Fair point lol :joy:

1 Like

Looking for an anagram and I can’t get past Wayne Shatwell

1 Like

Hate Wally News

2 Likes

Shat a New Welly

6 Likes

I know what you mean, but in reality we want them to be more successful and achieve promotion.

2 Likes

Happy he joined. MF is building his own staff behind him, so he’s doing something completely expected. All the best :slight_smile:

I can’t see why he wouldn’t be, especially as he is employed as player-coach.

TheBostedSlab,
I know what you mean, but in reality we want them to be more successful and achieve promotion.

Of course, I agree, that’s what we all want eventually, just one step at a time.

Welcome to Walsall, Wayne.

Pretty confident he will remain part of the first team management. Most likely in a player/ first team coach capacity.

Welcome to Walsall Wayne have a word with our defenders and ask them to put a challenge in cheers.

Quality!! :joy:

i have put your name down for countdown :grin: :wink: