We Aren't In A Relegation Scrap

And with our next 3 games after Tuesday being Tranmere H, Forest Green A, Swindon A. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

9 defeats

Our last 13 league games are W2 D3 L8 Pts 9, and we have now lost 6 on the trot, only scoring 2 in those 6, and one of them hit Miller and went in.

We have only scored more than one goal in 2 of the last 18 games in all comps, and in only 7 of the 35 games we have played in all comps.

We have scored the first goal in only 3 of the last 16 games.

We have kept only 6 clean sheets in the league.

No, we aren’t in a relegation scrap at all.

8 Likes

Love this version

We aren’t in a relegation scrap, but…

The league table says we are!
The form table says we are!
The players body language says we are!

The only people that know we are in a relegation scrap, are us the fans!!!

5 Likes

Looking at previous seasons points tally for survival. Think we need about 15 points not a massive ask but looking at our current form it’s hard to see where our next win is coming from.

The only positive I can see for the sacking of Taylor is the bounce you normally get when a change in management is made but we are only going to replace taylor with Sadler or Mcdonald neither appointment are really what we want.

I actually like Taylor and really wanted him to be a success. but with the current regime and cess pit of a club I struggle to see any manager/coach being a success at Walsall as shown with LLera aswell.

So until there’s massive overhaul at board level I struggle to see the point in hiring n firing the first team coach because we are just going to end up with the same results.

So I’m Taylor in Sack the board!!!

1 Like

I know what he is trying to do. Take pressure off.

But it’s quite a daft thing to say when your 21st in league two 6 games lost. Like the rest of the club, better to keep schtum

2 Likes

I called this after Tranmere on the opening day, and many other times in the run up to January when others thought we were safe. This board were always going to mahoosively feck January up and risk our league status, its what they do.

Oh and by the way, I got all the stuff right on the covid thread also :rofl: :star_struck:

We are definitely in a relegation scrap.
I can count on one hand the clear cut changes we’ve created in 6 months Mr Taylor…
Fans aren’t stupid so stop spouting stuff we don’t believe

2 Likes

Why is everyone within the club so bloody deluded?

But the under-pressure Walsall chief said: "I don’t think we’re in a relegation battle.

What we are is in a really bad vein of form.

We’re in a bad vein of form based on the talent we have in the squad.

We’re not in a position that the players deserve to be based on their ability.

We’re in the position we’re in at the moment because we haven’t performed consistently enough."

Talent in the squad? On paper, based on their performances at previous clubs then yes, for this league we do have ‘talent’. But that ‘talent’ has shown to take you so far. It doesn’t give you desire and fight.

Also, is their ability, or lack of not the reason we haven’t performed consistently enough? Or are you, as manager taking responsibility for this?

The sooner those within the club wake up and start to look in the mirror a little, then things might, ever so slightly improve.

I’m gonna go watch Hednesford I think next season. Much closer to home and more enjoyable I would have thought.

1 Like

Anyone get the impression that this chairman likes to appoint managers similar in mindset to
Him

Look at how he’s ran the club and what we know about him

Then look at the demeanour of Clarke, Dutton and now MattT. All talk and very little substance with each detached from reality

2 Likes

Matt Taylor spotted:

7 Likes

Clarke may have been a lot of talk but looking back now you could argue he absolutely saw the reality of the situation and got out while he had the chance.

7 Likes

Watching his interview after yesterday’s debacle actually has tipped me over into thinking his times up. Bloke is deluded, and all the pretend positivity is just manager talk - pretend confident babble.

I also wonder how he could stick a rocket up them. Seems a bit of a wet lettuce and not someone the players would be too motivated by.

2 Likes

He has no previous managerial experience, not sure who thinks he’s kidding.

Vast majority of us on this board have a good idea of what does or doesn’t make a good WFC manager.

1 Like

Some players dont care ,just taking the money.Wilko on £3400 a week,compared to Leak on £250.
Pity pays not related to efoort and endeavour

1 Like

We are, after Scunthorpe our next 3 games will completely destroy any shred of confidence left in the squad once those three teams have despatched us. we can’t score, we can’t really string passes together, the team is so error prone and let’s be honest a few players are just happy coasting along and won’t fight.

We are in freefall and the club appear to be in complete denial about it. A mindset of apathy and lack of responsibility is engrained.

Starting to question if it’s even worth caring about anymore. If the officials at the club won’t accept the reality of our situation then the same mistakes and negligence will carry on and we will continue to decline.

Maybe Suffolk Life can be our shirt sponsors next season…

Suffolk death would be more appropriate

4 Likes

We probably need 16/18 points from 18 games that shouldn’t be a problem for this squad of players .
Wish I believed what I’ve just written !

For a team averaging 1.036 points per game the run rate says we should achieve that.

However for a team in 2022, coming off the back of a the transfer window we had, that has achieved 0.42 points per game I’m not so sure.